Search the forum,

Discuss Access panel in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

H

Holohana

Hi,

I have a small wc to tile in 250 x 333 ceramic tiles and need to tile incorporate existing access panel for gas and leccy meters!

Now the tiles are only going 3/4 of the way up the wall so i can move the horizontal lines to my hearts content, within reason, so one of the horizontal grout lines will run with the panel. I was thinking the top one!

Vertically im thinking i can run a tile up the left hand side of the panel as the cuts are good into the opposite wall and this will match the exisitng vertical line and im hoping the cut is good into the right hand side of the wall, which i think it is.

That would mean the only cut is horizontal and accross the bottom of the panel which will be hidden by the toilet.

Would you guys agree or do it a different way? How would you seal the joint, sealant?

Catches are magnetic and should hold the weight of new tiles and grout etc.

Cheers guys, any of your ideas would be welcomed.

Attachments

• 10122007039.jpg
    117.4 KB · Views: 43
  • 10122007040.jpg
    114.5 KB · Views: 34
G

grumpygrouter

Don't think you will be able to seal the panel, the meter people will need access to it won't they?

Grumpy

H

Holohana

indeed they will, good thinking. That'll look nice then wont it!

Right thats actually gonna look totally crap isnt it. I really do need suggestions now dont i?

:huh2:

U

uug197h

we had to do the same to get in to a loft

(yes i know the grout needed cleaning off)

Attachments

• Image024.jpg
    159.2 KB · Views: 46
  • DSCF0020.JPG
    344.5 KB · Views: 46
Last edited by a moderator:

Reply to Access panel in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen