Search the forum,

Discuss Ableskils training centre in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

B

Bradma9

Has anybody done a course at able skils training centre, just thinking of increasing my knowledge and with them doing weekend courses thought I would find out if there worth it before wasting my money.

C

Ceramico tiling

Yeah I have done about 6 months training with them in all different things like plumbing,carpentry,tiling,plastering etc. I think they are fantastic and all their tutors that I had (3/4 years ago) were just top class. As far as this "quick fix" training goes I think they are about the best. I am glad I went there instead of any other place.

B

Bradma9

Hi david sorry for the slow reply,
i re did my bathroom last year and completly re tiled it and really enjoyed it. I thought id take it further, my next door neighbour has his own tiling company and got a the addy ect for me at trade and in return iv done some days work for him Foc. This was mainly to gain experience however it was all in trav. Iv done 13 jobs for friends and family with the view on pay me what you think its worth and of them l were very pleased with my work. I don't feel confident enough to class myself as a tiler so wanted to do some courses and a few more friend and family jobs to gain confidence.
ceramico thank you that's a great help knowing there good!
Thanks

D

DHTiling

I don't think a short course will teach you much more than you have learnt with your neighbour and the jobs you have done.

It will just take time now to cope with each scenario in the tiling world as you comes cross them.

T

Time's Ran Out

It's good that you enjoyed tiling your bathroom but it's a different game all together when your waiting for the phone to ring, you've got bills to pay and your trying to get money in!
But then again this is the best trade in the world and every day is a new experience. Enjoy!

B

Bradma9

Only problem is Dave I'm running out of friends and family that want tiling done!
John I work full time on a golf course and work more hours in the summer and less in the winter 7-2! And have a lot lieu hours so hopefully focussing on doing them both over the winter to the go part time at the golf course in the summer until i build up. I have had an offer to work for a tiling company however it's a bit of a drop money wise and apparently the company is boring to work for as there just new builds.

Reply to Ableskils training centre in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen