Search the forum,

Discuss Dry cutting porcelain tiles in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

macten

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
I always seem to get better results using the 8mm wheel for every tile.

R

Rizzle from the Portizzle

the problem with cutting large format on your knees on the floor is even balance and stress point load stutter for a mirco second and you point load your tile break and it shards off at the point of extra load over stretch and you point load .you need to cut your tile in one even scribe . put your cutter on a bench at waist height and move with the scribe its hard to do on your knees behind the tile but easy when you are level with your tile and can can move with the scribe

O

One Day

the problem with cutting large format on your knees on the floor is even balance and stress point load stutter for a mirco second and you point load your tile break and it shards off at the point of extra load over stretch and you point load .you need to cut your tile in one even scribe . put your cutter on a bench at waist height and move with the scribe its hard to do on your knees behind the tile but easy when you are level with your tile and can can move with the scribe

Absolutely. When we're cutting anything over 600mm it's time to invest in a decent bench.
I use 1 or 2 keter work tables at the moment.

T

Time's Ran Out

I use my Dewalt stand with a custom made piece of slotted plywood!
At a certain age getting down is not a dance move so a good work height and correct cutting action is a necessity.
Also my trusty Rubi.

Kyle Knowles

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Screenshot_2016-08-21-12-25-19.png

Reply to Dry cutting porcelain tiles in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen