Search the forum,

Discuss 600x900 limestone floor in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

K

Kevbos

I work for many different people clients contractors etc .I know what you all saying .but I can only advise what's best .I'm not paying for best job at my expense .it is customers choice at end of day and I do it in writing . I book jobs in if they want them done their way it's up to them

K

Kevbos

In reply to let's just understand this they wanted it spot fixed .understand they wanted job done yesterday and against what I advised .

F

Flintstone

Kev, there are something's you can compromise on to suit different budgets but spot fixing tiles isn't one of them, why would you spot fix tiles like that ? Trying to cut adhesive costs?:rolleyes:

K

Kevbos

Spot fixing 12mm thick porcelain with mapei keraquik .lots of spots .and yes at my cost not theirs. What do I have to say to you lot .I gave them choice .they didn't want to pay for it .it's up to them .

D

Dumbo

So what is the price differential between spot fixing and doing it properly . This is something you have obviously worked out to know what discount to offer them .

K

Kevbos

The price differential is worked out in my quote. Which always says I tile to a flat surface .when it bows dips is poor. I ask for it to be sorted out. 95 percent of time they do this or I do .at extra cost ..this job the builder is a moron .he won't pay the money .so I'm not either .it's his responsibility .I do put it in writing

K

Kevbos

Look at pictures of my work .honestly do I look like a bad tiler .every job has it's own merits .my jobs I do right way .If I work for builders contractors etc I do it their way

Reply to 600x900 limestone floor in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen