Search the forum,

Discuss 3mtr Chrome Tile Edge Strip in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Reaction score
Good evening,

I'm trying to source a chrome or similar edging strip but i need a minimum length of 270cm and can't find a supplier. Any suggestions please?

Also, i have a box section to tile which will have 2 x rows of 400x600 tiles from the floor and then 2 x rows of decorative 7.5x7.5 tiles. Is it possible to have an edge strip above and below the 2 x 7.5x7.5 rows so there is a chrome strip running above and below these tiles? I hope this makes sense. :thumbsup:

R

Rich

Have you tried Genesis?

I dont understand what you mean about the box section. I may be being thick tho.

D

Daz

I think Porcelanosa do some nice chrome listels that will do what you are looking for, but I'm pretty sure that the lengths are only around 2.5m.

Why do you need 2.7m lengths, please?

D

Daz

Is this how you intend to use the listel?
But obviously with 2 strips and different tiles in between :lol:

IMG_0044.jpg

S

Scott

Homelux do the listels too, i saw them in hombase the other day. As for the length can you not mitre them together along the length to join them?

Reaction score
Is this how you intend to use the listel?
But obviously with 2 strips and different tiles in between :lol:
View attachment 23541

Yes this is what I'm after. I need 2.7m because this is how long the enclosure is.

Saying it's a box section is prob not the correct terminology but it basically hides all the bathroom pipes and the sink and toilet are mounted to it. It's 2.7m long and 97cm high and the frame is built in 2x2 and I have reinforced the area where the freestanding sink will be mounted. I will then enclose with 10mm marmox backer board (have some sheets left over from floor) and then tile.

What are peoples views on these chrome strips being used within the tiled area?

Also is it possible to screw 6mm backer board for this application as I may need to keep the thinkness down. I have 2x2 supports every 60cm.

Reply to 3mtr Chrome Tile Edge Strip in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi, I am planning on tiling my concrete garage floor with porcelain tiles. The concrete was laid...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen