Search the forum,

Discuss 1st time using Natural Stone Tumbled Travertine tiles - help needed please. in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

T

tonyn45

Hi,

I have brought some of the above tiles from Wicks and would like to know the best way to fit them to a kitchen wall (being fitted just above the worktop upwards to 30cm high.
What is the best adhesive to use and where can I buy it (wicks, homebase, B&Q??)
What is the best sealer to buy and again where from?
Do I fix tiles first then seal and grout afterwards?
What is the best tool to cut the tiles?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Tony:mad2:

W

White Room

Adhesive would be a single part flexible white, an acylic primer on the walls first....

I would fix the tiles first, then grout but you may seal once then grout so it's easier to clean, then seal again when they are dry.

You will need a wet cutter

D

DHTiling

Hello Tony and welcome...

What wall substrate do you have, they will need to be flat..

S

Super_mario

Hi Tony,
The best way to install natural stone tiles is ,1st apply a coat of latex sealer on the walls to remove dust from the wals 1 part latex 4 parts water.The best glue to buy is Mapei apply a screan of glue with a comb trowel then stick tiles and apply spacers in between.After 8 hrs apply grouting and lean several times with a damp sponge.

Bye
Mario

F

faithhealer

visit a tile shop such as Tile giant and they will advise on primers sealers and adhesives,

Reply to 1st time using Natural Stone Tumbled Travertine tiles - help needed please. in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen