Search the forum,

Discuss 110v or 240v ? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

D

Dale44

Which should be used when working only on domestic households ?
I have been told that even in someones house you should only use 110v.

W

White Room

I have both, smaller cutter is 240v, larger tools are 110v just in case of site work. Companys working in domestic tend have 110v or cordless whenever possible now.

D

doug boardley

110v covers both scenarios, it's ok to say that you only ever do domestic work, but what if your situation changes and you have to do sites? For the price of a transformer I buy 110v tools:thumbsup:

J

Jez

Having done both site work and domestic then it has to be 110 due to being prepared for both (health and safety rules), that way you can't go wrong.

W

White Room

With todays technology your'd have thought the a transformer would weight a bit less than a lead block

J

Jez

For me that's the only drawback. You almost need two to balance yourself out!!!!!!! And better designed handles.

Ajax123

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
why not use a trolley..nice tartan one like me granny used to have. She use to get loads of stuff in there. She even paid for some of it.....

J

Jez

I think i might have watched too many chick flicks with the wife because I look at these things now (handle on transformer)!! I mean my hands aren't massive but for crying out loud didn't they learn anything at design in school?

Ey, your granny sounds like mine but it's even worse when your grandad does it too!!!!

D

djr tiling

the way i have done it is to buy all 110 as i can use this in a domestic house and on site if you have 240 only you are struggling when you get the odd site job

Reply to 110v or 240v ? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Been advised to move this post to the uk forum, didn’t realise it was in the USA forum Would...
Replies
Views
Hi people I'm in desperate need of advice So my builder who I let go due to poor work has...
Replies
Views
Hi, first time posting. I’m in the middle of tiling my own bathroom, first time having a go at...
Replies
Views
  • Article
PVA V PRIMERS – WHy you should never use PVA Glue when Wall Tiling Don’t listen to that idiot...
Replies
Views
Morning everyone. I've decided to come off the tools for the foreseeable future and take some...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen