Tile Forum | America Tile Forum

Welcome to America Tile Forum, the USA Tile Industry. The Tile Association of America.

Discuss xmas do tonight in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

S

Spud

Its my wifes xmas do tonight a pleasant evening spent with her work colleagues and their partners ,its my firms xmas do on the 12th of dec it will be a totally different evening knowing the lads that work for me :yikes: last year one got in to a punch up and got kicked out of the club we were in

D

Deleted member 9966

it's my workplace's chrimble do on the 11th Dec and shall be a sober affair for me, because I am chauffeur duty as a colleague drove last year. hubby on the other hand has a night out in Manchester with hotel and bar paid by his new employer... I feel a late night on TF could be arranged for that night..

and what about a TF Christmas gathering huh? we talked about it, but nobody committed to anything :prrr:

D

doit4u

Decided to have my works xmas do at my house this year so that I don't have to worry about drinking and driving. Anyway the last few years it has been a pretty boring event with only me there - could this be because I am a sole trader?

Ajax123

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
my works christmas do is on 18th. Company putting us up in hotel and hiring taxis to take us to the do at Tatton Park. The bar for us is on the company credit card......happy days. I think it is by way of a morale boost to finish off a bad year and a precursor for a more difficult first half next year. Looking forward to it all the same.

D

doug boardley

I normally get invited on a couple of bashes by suppliers and customers, but nobody's bothering with one this year, sign 'o' the times I think:thumbsdown:

Ajax123

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
I normally get invited on a couple of bashes by suppliers and customers, but nobody's bothering with one this year, sign 'o' the times I think:thumbsdown:

Praps you could go to GRR's do.....she needs a driver

C

Colour Republic

I still have guilty feelings about one of my Christmas do's a few years ago. We all went out and got hammered, we decided to go back to the lockup (I have no idea why!) anyway we are walking back and one of the lads tripped over a brand new RSJ that was outside a house, we looked at it and thought 'who's left that there!' so we thought the best course of action was to move it.... all the way back to the lockup!

So three of us hoisted it on our sholders and trundled off down the street with it, the old bill even drove past us, they took one look and just shook there heads, laughed and carried on.

The next day when we went to the lockup and nobody had a good answer as to why we had 4m steel in there, that was cut to size for someone else.

I still feel horible about it as I know how it would have messed up some builders week:thumbsdown: but didn't want to get caught taking it back, in any case I couldn't even tell you from where!:oops:

F

faithhealer

got invited out last year by a tools supplier, never did when I was a manager and bought off them for 20 yrs!?

D

doug boardley

Even Longhorns aren't having a bash this year, they were always good do's too (Mrs Doug had a 2 year stint working there:thumbsup:)

Reply to xmas do tonight in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

Please note that this thread is old so replying to it may not get a response. You'd be best posting a new thread with a good 4 or 5 word title.
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lowpaul22
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks