Search the forum,

Discuss Why Not Say Good Morning Before Work? in the General Off-topic Chat (nothing tile) area at TilersForums.com.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andy Allen

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Gloucester
All my rooks on the tube?:D
All my tools on the tube?
Condensed in to a pull along tool box for this one.
Hopefully they can be left on site.
Bloody predicted text !!
Yes meant tools..
What a different world you live in to me , I get annoyed when they haven't got a drive for me to park on ..lol

And morning tilers....

O

Old Mod

What I don't get tho is why they haven't perfected the pull along tool box! :mad:
Having to lift one end clear of the floor is a pain in the backside to start with,
they're still bloody heavy.
The handles are never quite long enough and you catch your heels on them when you walk.
And why oh why don't they have stair climbing wheels?????
It's not as if they're some great invention waiting to happen!
Yes I'm already sweating my *** off and it's only the 2nd stage of my journey.
I've still to negotiate Waterloo station and get on to the Jubilee Line to Bomd St. :D:p

L

LM

What I don't get tho is why they haven't perfected the pull along tool box! :mad:
Having to lift one end clear of the floor is a pain in the backside to start with,
they're still bloody heavy.
The handles are never quite long enough and you catch your heels on them when you walk.
And why oh why don't they have stair climbing wheels?????
It's not as if they're some great invention waiting to happen!
Yes I'm already sweating my *** off and it's only the 2nd stage of my journey.
I've still to negotiate Waterloo station and get on to the Jubilee Line to Bomd St. :D:p
Bloody days work to get there Marc :(

Morning all:)

O

Old Mod

Ok so, I'm sure you've heard all this before, but I'll mention it anyway. :)
So where I'm working right now for instance,
No road, pedestrian area only.
Congestion charge £11 a day.
Parking, not 100% sure of the rates there but I can't believe it's less than £4.40 an hour, it's that in residential areas.
That close to Oxford st and Bond St, it's got to be more.
So how much so far?
9 X £4.40 ..... £39.60
Congestion £11. 00
So we're at £51.60 plus fuel, probably around £7-8.00 sat in traffic for a couple hours. Minimum 3hrs travelling there and back from South West London.
So we're at £60 give or take a few pence.
Multiply that by 5 days, we get £300.00 a week, give or take!
Up against the cost of a travel card for seven days, (which allows you unlimited travel throughout London. Buses, trains, tube and DLR)
And that costs £47 for me, to cover zones 1-4
So tight arse? No I don't think so, haha

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Why Not Say Good Morning Before Work? in the General Off-topic Chat (nothing tile) area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Morning All! I thought it was about time to start a new Good Morning Thread. The old thread can be found HERE but is quite long so not as easy to find specific posts. So tell us what you are up...
Replies
Views
  • Suggestion
Post a New Thread for Each Tiling Job Completed. Rather than using the Show us Your Work Thread - which has more than 500,000 views, and thousands of posts to scroll through - we thought it would...
Replies
Views
  • Poll
Have you ever worked for a National Tile Supplier or even just smaller big chain tile suppliers? I'll tell you a funny story about how I got a job with Topps Tiles Newcastle and got top sales...
Replies
Views
This is the A Friend of ours, UK Tiling Forum, is worth a mention for sure Discussion Thread We have this Tile Blog here, and a few other websites lets say. We will be adding to the blog during...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you have shower leakage that goes downstairs leading to either your main floor or basement? Read this blog...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.

Advertisement