Search the forum,

Discuss Who else has had Man-flu !! in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Reaction score
i am just getting over-it with antibiotics, but I'm not sure if it was pig flu or bird (pigeon ) flu, as the guy i got it off in Yorkshire was yes a pigeon fancier he read pigeon mags every tea-time :yikes: and he thought he was Strong until he arm wrestled me :prrr: i have never seen anyone go so many shades of red , in a north verses south strength test one lunchtime (his idear ) :smilewinkgrin:

G

Gazzer

Been laid out for 2 days now, just getting over it. The cough is killing me though.

A

Aston

ive had it for a week now and i know weve had a laugh about man flu but this really is flu. first time ive had it since 1989.
the cough is a pig..head aches, skin aching and ive lost 6 and a half pound this week...no way can i eat a christmas dinner tomorrow. everytime you think its getting a bit better, it turns..

U

user123

Are you sure they are anti-biotics, Dave? It's just anti-biotics don't fight any virus, only bacteria....

Get better soon, all of you, even Saad in Cairo has it!!! He's been really poorly for ages!

kilty55

TF
Arms
Reaction score
had it for weeks,still not shifted the barking cough,just worked through it as i was super busy,a few comments about me looking like i had been dragged through a bush backwards from customers lol

U

user123

yes g they are called Amoxicillin 500mg three a day seven day course i had a chest infection and laryngitis !!

I see, :) yes, Amoxicillin is a Penicillin type anti-biotic that is most commonly used against upper respitory infections, this does mean you did not have the flu, (influenza virus) but that you had a bacterial infection. Sorry Dave to appear picky, but I am medically trained and just want to avoid misconceptions about antibiotics which do nothing to help against flu, only against often secondary bacterial infections. The use of antibiotics when they are not appropriate is largely the cause for many infections and complications now. Your doctor obviously recognised the true nature of the 'bug' you had. :)

Reply to Who else has had Man-flu !! in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen