Tile Forum | America Tile Forum

Welcome to America Tile Forum, the USA Tile Industry. The Tile Association of America.

Discuss White patches on sandstone patio slabs in the Australia area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

T

taterska

Hi there, I've sealed my patio last night and later this afternoon white patches appeared on some of the stone slabs, please, could some one help how I can fix the problem:-(here is a picture of one of the ruined slabs
patio.jpg

Any thoughts are very appreciated please...

Thanks!

O

One Day

Hi, We need some more info before we can advise:
Stone sealed with what?
Was the stone damp before sealing?
How long has the stone been laid?
What is it laid on?

Answers please and we'll try to help!

T

taterska

Hi,

it was laid last Wednesday, so a week ago, I sealed it with Wickes sealer while waiting for my other sealer to arrive, that is supposed to give the wet look finish.

The stone looked dry, I washed it 2 days ago before the sealing and the weather is extremely warm, it did look dry to me.

The guy that did it put a protective sheet on the ground and then there is a concrete foundation and then the stone. Hope that helps to give you full picture but please if you need any furhter details, I'll do my best.

Thanks a lot!

J

J Sid

Had a whole floor go like that. 80m2, scared the **** out of me. Stone had been down a week before sealing with stain stop and was dry before laying.
For me it wash off fine. Left it to dry again then resealed.
If you give a good wash you should be fine.

widler

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Ha ha at 1st i put 'salts' then tried to spell efflorescence and it cam out as the one above, bloody spell check, and it was 6 oclock :(

Ps now im awake i can read it now , doh ;)

T

taterska

Thank you all for the input, so glad I found this forum!

Julian, the patio is sealed once, will it still wash off in that case, i was supposed to apply to coats but after the first all these patches appeared and i haven't done the second coat yet.

DO i have to remove the sealing coat? If so how can i do that?

widler, it is on cement and sand.

Thanks for all your help!

Reply to White patches on sandstone patio slabs in the Australia area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

Please note that this thread is old so replying to it may not get a response. You'd be best posting a new thread with a good 4 or 5 word title.
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
mcgtech
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks