Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss Which electric ufh system in the Tiling on Underfloor Heating area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

H

hmtiling

Please checkout the following advertisement.
Scenario, the floor needs levelling and ufh. Why would I level, insulate, carrier mat and tile as opposed to insulate ,ufh mat, level then tile?
Sell it to me guys!

D

Dumbo

Scenario, the floor needs levelling and ufh. Why would I level, insulate, carrier mat and tile as opposed to insulate ,ufh mat, level then tile?
Sell it to me guys!
I can't because I would do the second unless floor runs 2 " then I would level twice

F

Flintstone

There's a few factors to consider when choosing a system for me. If a floor needs some levelling and im fitting porcelain tiles I'll most likely use a mesh system and level over it.
If the floor is good and doesn't need levelling, or I want uncoupling, I'll most likely use a membrane system. Also if it's a more complicated layout.
There really is no problem tile straight over a membrane ufh system, you fill the cavity as you go.

Wayne Brown

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Check out our sponsor the wetroom store below used one of their kits this week and decent quality they do a loose wire system , mats do float in SLC stainless stapels fired into the insulation board and may mesh hold it in place obviously keep well away from the wire .kop

IMG_20190415_165802.jpg Screenshot_20190427-033623.png

F

Flintstone

I don't want to upset you, Wayne, but you have fitted that mat upside down, and you have made a fundamental error by taping over the cold tail connector like that, that must be left exposed and encased in the SLC .

Wayne Brown

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Perposely did it like that bud well spotted hawk eye to protect the cable bud alot been going on in there floor levels were 40mm difference one to the other not worried about to heat the room as has a big towel rail and a rad it's more to dry the floor up after showering sensors blub is exposed is on top of insulation but thanks for the comments mate . Kop

S

Spare Tool

Andy's right Wayne, just for future installs the worse thing you can do is tape over the join to cold tails, and also the crimped end of the wires, think its something like 90% cause of ufh failures, tape the ufh wire down and the cold tail yes but leave a gap in the tape so the joins can be fully encased in slc, or ay the very least tile https://www.tilersforums.com/forums/tile-adhesive/..

T

Time's Ran Out

I always encase in fast set flexible https://www.tilersforums.com/forums/tile-adhesive/ (applied with rubber squeegee ) prior to self levelling compound.

Reply to Which electric ufh system in the Tiling on Underfloor Heating area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmcdon47
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock