Search the forum,

Discuss Which adhesive for plasterboard? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

D

Duchard

Can anyone tell me which adhesive is best to use when applying straight to new plasterboards?

My tiles are ceramic 30x20. I will be tiling a bathroom and wetroom area.
From what I can understand applying PVA to the boards is a big no no as the PVA may become loose if water gets in.
Im looking at BAL ready mixed products here but not sure which one exactly. Does it matter as long its waterproof?

I will be boarding the wetroom with aqua panels and tanking the area up to about 2m to ensure no leakage.

Any advice greatly appreciated before I charge on.

kilty55

TF
Arms
edinburgh
hello duchard,kilty shall suffice my good friend :oops::lol:,cement based addhesive will hold a larger tile and is also stronger than your tubbed stuff and its properties are far superior so for a wetroom yes use it:thumbsup: using white will help you when you come to grout as well if your choosing a light grout that is,as for the tanking if your going to use a roll on/paint on kit then the mapei one comes with a bottle of primer g,aplly this to your boards then tank:thumbsup: you can of course use a membrane say for example the homelux kit,you apply it with adhesive and float it onto the wall and you can tile straight away saving you time:thumbsup:

O

Olz

If your in any doubt, then when you go to purchase your adhesive, read the back of the bag, it will tell you what substrates that particular manufacturer reccommends you prime, and which it doesnt.

It will usually suggest which primer to use, (from the manufacturers own range). The guys in the suppliers will also be able to guide you through the products they stock.

If your in any doubt, let us know what adhesive you get and we'll take it from there.

Mapei P9 like dave says, is what id be going for. You will find most suppliers stock it, have you got a Tile Giant near by.

Avoid the DIY sheds and go to a proper suppliers.

Reply to Which adhesive for plasterboard? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Make sure to mark a post as a solution for better transparency.

There are similar tiling threads here

• Question
Hi, I am planning on tiling my concrete garage floor with porcelain tiles. The concrete was laid down several years ago by a previous owner, and it looks like it was also polished and sealed -...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you have shower leakage that goes downstairs leading to either your main floor or basement? Read this blog...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.

Advertisement

Birthdays

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside.