Discuss whats the best grout float? in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

A

adamunited

over last few months ive been trying out different tools and have tried a few different grout floats and was wondering what others find the best. I've used genesis, tile rite more recently marshalltown which i was very disappointed with all 4 corners came away within a matter of weeks. today i've bought a Rubi one its one i've never used before and will be giving it a go over the weekend. Whats your personal preference?

I

Ian

Rubi for me, had my current pair over 6 months now, wearing very well.

Sent via Tapatalk for iPhone

John Benton

TF
Arms
Reaction score
I've been using Beava and it's lasted me ages, just got a new one in the van now.

L

Lincoln-tiler

Marshell town float all the way for me. Ragni are very similar to them to. As for Rubi floats, I can't get on with them. I used one before with a wooden handle, not sure if they do different ones as I have only ever seen the one I'm on about but it was rubbish IMO

P

Peter

Don't like the type with the wooden handle, they never seem to take enough grout off cleanly. Always use the yellow ones with the dark blue polyurethane base but they're getting harder to come by. Local tile shop got some in for the first time in months, and when I was buying mine, the owner asked what was so good with them, as they'd only put them out that morning and everyone who was in had bought one. :lol:

VITREXPREMIUMGROUTFLOAT.jpg

Reply to whats the best grout float? in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

Replies you've not seen

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Teejay