Discuss What Slow Set Are You Using With Ramondi Levelling System And Some Help Plz in the Australia area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

A

Alec swift

Hi all

I am going to be tiling a kitchen floor soon in
600x600 polished porcelain . I will be laying
On 10mm inso boards with ufh loose wire system and slc over the wires. I am going to
Use a ramondi levelling system to keep lippage down I wanted to know the best flexible slow set to use with a thick bed.
Also need to get an oak threshold bar made up I was thinking

6mm bed for adhesive for pro warm boards
10mm Pro warm boards
3mm slc over loose wire
10mm bed on floor and
4mm on the back of tile
9.5mm tile thickness

So the total should be around 42.5mm ??. Should I. Minus some for allowing the adhesive to be compressed??.

P.s the floor is concrete screed with slc on top that I will be working off.

Many thanks alec

kevsalt

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
4mm trowel for the boards ...slc over the wire till not visible ...6mm bed on the floor with a plastic trowel ...12mm on back of tile ...granfix cfta white slow or tilemaster semi rapid

H

hmtiling

2mm bed for boards(4mm trowel compressed)
10mm board
4/5mm slc as long as cold cable and thermostat are chased into boards
4mm bed 0n floor(8mm trowel compressed)
2mm bed on tiles(4mm trowel compressed)
9.5 mm tile

31.5/32.5mm

This obviously depends on how good the floor is to begin with. If not that great, allow for more slc and get it level with that.
I'd use Weber SPF just because that's what is available to me but any decent spf will do.

J

J Sid

Assuming it a screed floor and flat and level to start with with no need for movement or expansion joints.
Prime floor with a primer recommend by your chosen adhesive supplier, not PVA ;) ,I us Weber adhesive's and primer.
Stick insulation boards down, (not forgetting to stagger the joints) and fix with Weber set rapid with a 6mm trowel
Test and lay ufh and temp probe, retest.
SLC over the top with a fibre modified product, Weber floor flex for me
Test ufh and probe.
When dry, set out floor and tile using, for me a 10mm trowel, if using a levelling system, and I would be using Weber set rapid plus. If you are happy to use a slow set I would use Weber set plus. Back buttering the tile with the straight side of the trowel.
Allow a expansion joint round perimeter.

Total height would be about 33mm

Last edited by a moderator:
A

Alec swift

Hi guys

Thanks for the tips and sorry for the slow reply.
I am thinking about using bal Stone and tile ptb
But I am getting a bit put off with the fast set time. I've also looked at Weber thick bed. Is there a min grout joint size when using ufh??
Was going to go 2mm but Iam thinking about 3mm now.

Many thanks all.

H

hmtiling

I think its 3mm minimum for heated floors.
You really don't need a thick bed adhesive if you prep it correctly. Bal ptb does turn very quickly and imo doesn't trowel very well. Stick with standard setting spf.

A

Alec swift

P. S

Thanks again for the help I am not a tiler by trade but a plaster which I've been doing for a
Long long time and I am sick of it . if I can
Ever help any of you just ask me anything feel
Free with any plastering questions

Last edited by a moderator:

Reply to What Slow Set Are You Using With Ramondi Levelling System And Some Help Plz in the Australia area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dawz84
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks