Search the forum,

Discuss what is best proceduref laying stone on to old concrte base in church. in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

J

jonnyc

Re: what is best proceduref laying stone on to old concrte base in chu

My current thoughts are:
ball p131 primer.
ball green bag withh 114 additive to smooth out rough concrete base.Only thinking of this latex as compatible with base that has moisture in it, because of no Dpm.
ball stop 75 liquid Dpm followed by ditra mat fixed with flexible adhesive.
fix stone on top of ditra with setaflex.
what do you think ?

Any thoughts welcome

peteablard

TF
Arms
Reaction score

Jonny, you've just given a very similar spec to what I've used a few times when laying vinyl floors. P131 (Which I still use more than any other primer) We used a different latex and then Laybond DPM. As we were laying vinyl the DPM was latexed over again but had to be primed first. All I would say is check if the DPM you use can accept the tile adhesive directly or if it should be primed first. Can't remember if neat 131 was used to prime it or if something else was supplied.

J

jonnyc

Jonny, you've just given a very similar spec to what I've used a few times when laying vinyl floors. P131 (Which I still use more than any other primer) We used a different latex and then Laybond DPM. As we were laying vinyl the DPM was latexed over again but had to be primed first. All I would say is check if the DPM you use can accept the tile adhesive directly or if it should be primed first. Can't remember if neat 131 was used to prime it or if something else was supplied.
I am not set on using ball products. They are just the only one looked at so far.
i will definitely use tilemaster adhesive but don't think they have a liquid Dpm or latex suitable for overlaying a subfloor with no Dpm.
i would rather use same manufacturer throughout.
is lay bond best price for this type of latex required .

R

rainsco

hi jonny, i have done a church in germany years ago and this was a special thing. we had to use grave for the ground, then a lean concrete and absolutly no waterproofing because otherwise you got the water in the walls. but this was in the ground floor without wood and so on.

peteablard

TF
Arms
Reaction score

I am not set on using ball products. They are just the only one looked at so far.
i will definitely use tilemaster adhesive but don't think they have a liquid Dpm or latex suitable for overlaying a subfloor with no Dpm.
i would rather use same manufacturer throughout.
is lay bond best price for this type of latex required .

I'm not sure about pricing Jonny, I was doing this as a subby and all materials were supplied.

J

jonnyc

Ive had a look at levels and they are pretty shocking. There is 40mm variance in the base and i am restricted by a number of doors where stone must come flush.
will have to not lay level and just work to each door.
i cant go over 10mm bed as tiling on top of ditra as that is the max they allow so will have to make up some of the dips and low points which are not near the doors in extra levelling compound with granite chips .
what i am looking for is a latex that can go on subbase which has little damp but can have granite chips added which is not too expensive.
Best price i can get on ardex na and bottle is £21.40 and green bag and 114 £ 16.50.
Anyone know of a cheaper latex than this that does same job and where to buy cheap granite chippings.

Reply to what is best proceduref laying stone on to old concrte base in church. in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen