Search the forum,

Discuss What DIY dry cutter do you recommend in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

J

jrm

Hi guys,

Need to get myself a cutter this week ready for the weekend. My tiles are 400x250. Not looking to spend a great deal (about £30) since i'll only be using it once so a Rubi wouldn't be worthwhile.

Any recommendations? I notice Plasplugs have gone bust, Screwfix has nothing in my price range and the only ones I can find locally are at Topps. Any other suggestions so I can order online and have delivered by the weekend?

Thanks for the help :thumbsup:

C

Colour Republic

I notice you mention dry cutter, have you got a wet cutter already? dry cutters are very quick for straight cuts but if you want to cut round sockets or L shapes you're going to need a wet cutter

If you've only got £30 to spend then get a wet cutter from a diy store (wickes, hombase) You'll spend an age doing your cuts but you'll save some money

J

jrm

Won't the cutting disc on a wet cutter wear out pretty quick if i'm using it to cut all my tiles?

C

Colour Republic

Won't the cutting disc on a wet cutter wear out pretty quick if i'm using it to cut all my tiles?

depends on what you are cutting. I assume this is a domestic bathroom or kitchen maybe. The blade won't wear out on such jobs. That said I would still purchase a dry and wet cutter so you can do any cut and the job won't take weeks to complete, you can always put any tools you've bought up for sale in the Friday Ad or ebay after if budget is an issue

B

bassman

I hear Topps are doing a Big clinker for£69 a decent cutter by all accounts. Sell it on after you've finished to recoup the differance, a £30 to £40 will have no resale value. Or you may enjoy the tiling so much you do some more an you already have a decent cutter.:guitarist:

Reply to What DIY dry cutter do you recommend in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen