Tile Forum | America Tile Forum

Welcome to America Tile Forum, the USA Tile Industry. The Tile Association of America.

Discuss What blades do you use for your cutters? in the Canada area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

Reaction score
Iv got rubi nd180bl and rubi nd200
bought different blades over the years but never been overly impressed.
heard marcrist is the best,if so which one and any good deals kicking about?
same applies to angle grinder blades
cheers

W

White Room

I have a Montolit DNA blade in my ND200 and cuts about everything I need but it's about £140.

C

charlie1

I've tried loads of different angle grinder ones, the marcrist 850 is very good, i just had the rubi blade for my overhead cutter and it done the job! I want to try the montolit in my Dewalt i just wonder if its all hype though, currently using the Dewalt blade

R

Rookery

Marcrist CK850 in my wet cutter and angle grinder. To be fair, I feel that the original blade that came with my Montolit was as good as the Marcrist.

K

Kia tiling

Used mainly marcrist for years but I'm starting to lean towards montolit. Got the DNA blade for me Dewalt recently, as I've been doin a lot of marble.

K

Kia tiling

I've tried loads of different angle grinder ones, the marcrist 850 is very good, i just had the rubi blade for my overhead cutter and it done the job! I want to try the montolit in my Dewalt i just wonder if its all hype though, currently using the Dewalt blade

the DNA is definitely a good blade, but it depends what your cutting and how. The Dewalt blade is good but the DNA is thicker and doesn't bend so much on narrow cuts. I've just done a lot of marble and the investment of the DNA has more than paid for itself.

A

Aston

joe hillhead really rates the tectron porcelain blades from stonetools.co.uk £21-60 each!! he bought a couple last year and he says they have had some abuse and been as good as any blade he's previously had...worth a punt for 21 quid

D

DHTiling

My Dewalt D2400 has the Montolit DNA blade in it and cuts anything..

Sigma 9P will have the 86c blade in as of next week :)

Grinder had the Montilit pro-gres in but at the moment using the Sigma 75c porc blade.

and my Rubi D200 diamante has the rubi cpc2 blade in but the cutter is retired due to falling apart after 10+ yrs of abuse.. cannot even get the blade of it.. stuck solid.. :)

D

DHTiling

whats the sigma porc blade like dave? do u rate it? ive never used sigma blades

I will be honest Ed.. it isn't as quick as the pro-gres , but at less than a third of the price it is bloody good IMO.. around 15 quid will get one.

D

DHTiling

The 86c blade is the blade that comes as standard in the 10M saw, and users of that saw swear by these blades.. i know Joe (hillhead ) swears by his 86c blade.

W

White Room

joe hillhead really rates the tectron porcelain blades from stonetools.co.uk £21-60 each!! he bought a couple last year and he says they have had some abuse and been as good as any blade he's previously had...worth a punt for 21 quid

For that price as you say worth a punt.....

C

charlie1

Just went back to the 'A' blade for my 4 inch angle grinder, very impressed, got a new Makita angle grinder + 4 blades for 113 quid.

Reply to What blades do you use for your cutters? in the Canada area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

Please note that this thread is old so replying to it may not get a response. You'd be best posting a new thread with a good 4 or 5 word title.
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
laattaana
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks