Search the forum,

Discuss What actually is thinset?? in the America Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com.

serval

TF
Reaction score
I see/hear the term 'thinset' used in many videos and articles i read but can anyone clarify what it actually is?

It seems to be an American term from what i can see so in wondering what the actual UK equivalent is.

Is it a generic term used to cover a range of things ( tile addy, mortar etc)

Or does it relate to a specific type of cement based product?

With all the different products out there the additional terminology makes it a bit more confusing.

serval

TF
Reaction score
Been looking at videos of how to install kerdi board onto plaster board where they used a thinset between the two.

I may have to do something like this where a secition of wall only has studwork at each end un order to provide additional fixing in the middle

Dave

TF
Staff member
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Been looking at videos of how to install kerdi board onto plaster board where they used a thinset between the two.

I may have to do something like this where a secition of wall only has studwork at each end un order to provide additional fixing in the middle
Is this for heavy tiles are just waterproofing ?

serval

TF
Reaction score
It will be for heavy tiles. The wall is just over 800mm wide but only has timber studs at each end

Reply to What actually is thinset?? in the America Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views
10 Tiling Tips for Fixing Tiles to Bathroom Walls = From UKTilingForum.co.uk There are a few...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen