Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss Wetroom shower screen - how to make it stand up! in the Tanking and Wetrooms Forum area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

M

Morgan Ereku

Please checkout the following advertisement.
Hi, I'd like to fit in a shower screen 1850 x 900.

The new style of screen on the likes of Houzzz look ver minimialist without the long bracket going to a wall or ceiling to provide support. I'm wondering how they make it stable enough?

I've uploaded a picture with labels "A" and "B" on it.

1. What is done at A and B to make it stable? Is it just silicone or perhaps a transparent plastic setting?
2. How thick does the glass need to be?

Much appreciated!

showerscreen.jpg

OP
O

Old Mod

I’m pretty sure that depending on glass thickness, screens only need to be supported on two sides.
For example a 10mm screen is rigid enough to protrude 900mm only supported at floor and back wall.
Im guessing that at 1850 it’s not going to reach ceiling for ceiling track.
This is 10mm glass and I fitted a U channel in back wall and floor and siliconed it in.
It has no cross member and is solid.
I saw it again after two years just last week, and it’s perfectly ok.

BD572806-068F-4369-8CBB-72CA5818ABA6.jpeg 87E583D7-D4D7-4BDE-A2D4-3E114C037A13.jpeg

OP
W

Waluigi

Majestic always used to say that provided the screen is under 1m and minimum 10mm thick then no supporting bar is required.

OP
D

Dumbo

I’m pretty sure that depending on glass thickness, screens only need to be supported on two sides.
For example a 10mm screen is rigid enough to protrude 900mm only supported at floor and back wall.
Im guessing that at 1850 it’s not going to reach ceiling for ceiling track.
This is 10mm glass and I fitted a U channel in back wall and floor and siliconed it in.
It has no cross member and is solid.
I saw it again after two years just last week, and it’s perfectly ok.

View attachment 102350 View attachment 102351
I've got 2 shower screens fitted like that at home. One on walk in shower tray and the other in a wet room. They are going nowhere

Boggs

TF
Arms
Esteemed
Reaction score
I've got 2 shower screens fitted like that at home. One on walk in shower tray and the other in a wet room. They are going nowhere

Two bathrooms!

Lucky you. :D

Reply to Wetroom shower screen - how to make it stand up! in the Tanking and Wetrooms Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
05jtaylor
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock