Search the forum,

Discuss wet underfloor heating problem in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

P

Perfect Tiling

Morning all. I have got a floor to tile that has a few issues. The tiles on it just now have been down for a few years but a lot are loose or cracked. The sub floor is constructed of joists with ufh pipes between them on osb above glasswool. The pipes are then flushed off to the top of the joists with dry sand and cement. The problem is that on top of this is 2 15mm layers of ply which is glued and screwed down. Surely this is insulating the ufh...customer says floor not that warm. I feel that the pipes are so hot that the ply is distorting and cracking the tiles and adhesive. Is there a better base than ply I can use. Plan would be to remove ply and lay something similar to hardibacker that passes heat, is strong and wont distort. Only other option is to advise against tiling and go for something like amtico etc. Floor around 18 sq mtrs.

Chalker

TF
Arms
Tadcaster

Attachments

• image.jpg
    24.3 KB · Views: 209

Reply to wet underfloor heating problem in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Replies you've not seen

Birthdays