Search the forum,

Discuss Wet tray thread . Re- how flexible is flexible adhesive in the Tile Adhesive / Grout Advice area at TilersForums.com.

average

TF
Uk
Just reading over the how flexible is flexible adhesive threadhttp://www.tilersforums.com/threads/how-flexible-is-flexible-addy.81705/. And it got me thinking about my kaskade linear tray I've to install soon. I have all materials in and it's got me thinking about how does the tray bond with the screed seeing as it's so smooth. Anytime I've installed kaskade trays, it's been on first floor where one can screw them to the joists and new timber noggings. If this tray is laid onto screed, would it not have the potential to break free from the underneath screed seeing as it's so smooth. Maybe this is what's happened with that OPs tray.

I've to install mine in 2 weeks time so it's got me worried incase it happens to me.

Ajax123

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Lincolnshire
the bond between cement and other materials is purely mechanical. As cement hydrates it forms what look like or hooks which effectively grow into the substrates pore structure. Nothing is really truly smooth and at a microscopic level there will usually be pores and pits for the cement to grab. If you have ever splashed cement screed onto glass and left it for any length of time you will know how hard it is to remove. Glass is supposed to be "smooth". I have no clue what your shower tray is made from but I am guessing it will be fine. You could always rub it over with a bit of sand paper first I guess...

Reply to Wet tray thread . Re- how flexible is flexible adhesive in the Tile Adhesive / Grout Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I've got an AKW Tuff form shower tray with a waste that is 10mm above the tray when fully...
Replies
Views
Hi, I am planning on tiling my concrete garage floor with porcelain tiles. The concrete was laid...
Replies
Views
Hello there, Relatively recently we had a new en-suite fitted (complete rip out of the old...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm new to the forum and fairly new to tiling, my only previous "proper" job was my recent...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Replies you've not seen