Search the forum,

Discuss wet look grout sealer in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

T

TilingLogistics

I'm thinking of trying lithofin slate seal, would this work?

cheers

Lithofin Slate seal is what Dave was on about its a topical application but you could try Lithofin MN Stainstop Plus or Aqua Mix Enrich & Seal they are both penetrating sealers and I have had a lot of success with both products in the past relating to patchy grout. Try a test area first before you apply it to the whole floor:thumbsup:

Kev

S

steve_c

Thanks for all replies so far.
I contacted Lithofin and they did'nt recomend slate seal but I think I will try the stain stop plus. They only recomended their grout cleaner which I dont think intensifies. I have just done a search and found lithofin do a product called MN colour intensifier. Not sure if this is same thing as stain stop plus but i'll go off recomendations here?

Kev, whats best way to apply to joints? Floor is white porceline 600x600 and already had one coat of lithofin FZ protective impregnator on. Should I apply a 2nd coat of impregnator also?
cheers

T

TilingLogistics

Thanks for all replies so far.
I contacted Lithofin and they did'nt recomend slate seal but I think I will try the stain stop plus. They only recomended their grout cleaner which I dont think intensifies. I have just done a search and found lithofin do a product called MN colour intensifier. Not sure if this is same thing as stain stop plus but i'll go off recomendations here?

Kev, whats best way to apply to joints? Floor is white porceline 600x600 and already had one coat of lithofin FZ protective impregnator on. Should I apply a 2nd coat of impregnator also?
cheers

You will have to try a test area until you get the best results. You may have to resrt to Phosphoric acid but as always IMO Do tests first:thumbsup:

Kev

Reply to wet look grout sealer in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Hello, I'm just a home owner who doesn't have much experience with tiling but I'm looking for...
Replies
Views
  • Article
Revamp Your Space on a Budget: Where to Find Affordable and Quality Cheap Floor Tiles When it...
Replies
Views
Hi, I am planning on tiling my concrete garage floor with porcelain tiles. The concrete was laid...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Replies you've not seen

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside.