Tile Forum | America Tile Forum

Welcome to America Tile Forum, the USA Tile Industry. The Tile Association of America.

Discuss Well, My First Porcel-thin Job! in the Australia area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

O

Old Mod

You don't get much better than that! Outstanding quality workmanship there fella. The amount of work in all those neat mitres and all those awkward cuts you've done. Top top quality
Am interested to know how long did it take you? From initial setting out to final clean up?

Hey Andy,
comments like that make it all worthwhile, thank you!
Well I actually set it out in advance off site using images and measurements I took myself, whilst awaiting delivery.
There was a few weeks lead time whilst waiting for new stock!
Plus with the added issues of the failing floor that needed sorting and installation of new tray.
It was just under 4 weeks.
Might seem a long time initially, but when u take in to account it was my first solo project and not being allowed to start before 9am and on average walking between 3-4km a day between bathroom and garage, where all work was carried out, I don't think it's unreasonable.
(I know it was 3-4km cos my iPhone health app told me so! haha)
I often made more than one trip with a piece, making small adjustments until I got what I wanted.
Mistakes I knew would be costly, so it was gently gently!
Can't think of any other excuses for it to take that long, I just dragged my heels really! Haha
I wanted it to be the best I could manage, there was a lot of potential work hanging on it!
But, tbh, wouldn't of cared if it took 6weeks!
Clients were elated, I secured future works not only with the clients,
but with others too!
So yeah, pretty damn pleased all round actually!:rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:

Reply to Well, My First Porcel-thin Job! in the Australia area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

Please note that this thread is old so replying to it may not get a response. You'd be best posting a new thread with a good 4 or 5 word title.
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Apatel
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks