Search the forum,

Discuss Washboy virgin in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

D

dhsanta65

Just bought my 1st washboy a Karl Dahm, never used one before so anyone got any useful tips for using a washboy that might stop me mucking up when using it.
Cheers Ian

G

Gazzer

pre soak the sponge for an hour.
Practice and get use to it. Once you have it sorted there is no going back. Oh and clean sponges well after use and also clean the bucket out, you wil be surprised how much muck gets in the bottom.

T

tiler burden

hi mate

karl dahm, good choice :thumbsup:

when you get your sponge float, cut some strips using a craft knife on the surface of the sponge. ie squares . i think bal sell ready cut sponges if i recall. the sponge then eases over the grout lines more fluently and leaves a much better joint.

cheers
ed

G

Gazzer

hi mate

karl dahm, good choice :thumbsup:

when you get your sponge float, cut some strips using a craft knife on the surface of the sponge. ie squares . i think bal sell ready cut sponges if i recall. the sponge then eases over the grout lines more fluently and leaves a much better joint.

cheers
ed

Before you do that i suggest you try the sponge as supplied first. I have never got on with the cut sponge and much prefer the solid type. Each to their own though.
:thumbsup:

T

tiler burden

the un cut sponges are fine on smooth tiles but when you use them on uneven surfaces, then the cuts allow the sponge to manouevre more evenly across the surface but as sir ramic says, each to there own.

C

charlie1

- Grout joints (1-2 m2 at a time) depending on which grout and how big the tiles are.

- Swirl the damp sponge over the grouted area in a circular motion and rinse periodically. This will create a perfect joint

- Finally one more swipe over the area again with the damp sponge. This will remove most on the grout residue. Then just dust off as usual.

G

Grace'sDad

Handy hint - use some neat residue remover in the bucket when it inevitably gets grout stained. Let it fizz away and leave you with a nice shiny bucket again.

Reply to Washboy virgin in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all, I've laid some Arditex NA over the kitchen floor area (not under cabinets. The area is...
Replies
Views
Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen