Search the forum,

Discuss Want to help get Britain back building again? Interested in the contruction industry? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

D

Deleted member 1779

I've been made aware that there are some current sites / groups set up to support the construction industry "get back" to building including some facebook groups and a couple of petitions.

If you believe in the cause the links are below:

Facebook Group - Get Britain Building

Main Website for GBB

Petition for if you think the VAT should be dropped on maintenance and Home Improvement work to 5% Website for petition

The main petition for the Get Britain Building Petition

I guess its usful to our trade and its backed by some big hitters in the industry so you may see a bit more of them in future. Any construction leads to the employ of tiles and plumbers for the final parts so its a positive step.

Hope its of interest.

Richard.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member 9966

Re: Want to help get Britain back building again? Interested in the contruction indus

Excellent topic for a thread Richard. I wholeheartedly agree. It's about time the people of Britain took control of our economy back from the government.

It's the hard workers and entrepreneurs that made this country Great.

2Balls

Re: Want to help get Britain back building again? Interested in the contruction indus

Excellent topic for a thread Richard. I wholeheartedly agree. It's about time the people of Britain took control of our economy back from the government.

It's the hard workers and entrepreneurs that made this country Great.

Hi 365Drills, Girl Racer Red, There`s only one problem THE BANKS :thumbsdown: 2Balls

D

Deleted member 9966

Hi 365Drills, Girl Racer Red, There`s only one problem THE BANKS :thumbsdown: 2Balls

The government should have let the failing ones fold! The government and the banks are acting like they run this country and it's about time we showed them that they don't.

There will be other banks and money lenders pop up as the failing ones disappear. It's a simple matter of supply and demand. As demand for goods and services goes up, people see opportunities to make money and so supply is increased. It's all about the delicate balance of the economy.

What I want to know is, where did Alistair Darling get the billions of pounds from that propped up the failing banks ????

Have they been squirreling that money away for years when it could have been spent on more worthy things like school and hospital upgrades?

Have the government or banks propped up the construction industry following the economic downturn???

2Balls

Hi Girl Racer Red, I think they just print more money!? with out any substance.Then they use your Tax money!This is a the same all over Europe, World wide,and shows the BANKING FISCAL SYSTEM is ******,excuse my French:thumbsdown: 2Balls

T

tile55

The term HEEL IN A HANDCART springs to mind here:prrr::prrr:

M

mikethetile

The government should have let the failing ones fold! The government and the banks are acting like they run this country and it's about time we showed them that they don't.

There will be other banks and money lenders pop up as the failing ones disappear. It's a simple matter of supply and demand. As demand for goods and services goes up, people see opportunities to make money and so supply is increased. It's all about the delicate balance of the economy.

What I want to know is, where did Alistair Darling get the billions of pounds from that propped up the failing banks ????

Have they been squirreling that money away for years when it could have been spent on more worthy things like school and hospital upgrades?

Have the government or banks propped up the construction industry following the economic downturn???

errrrrrrrrr sorry to contradict you girlracer but the government does run the country or at least thats what they were elected to do

maybe if they acted as if they do they might get the hang of it

one of my customers is high up in barclays, who havent been bailed out, and we were discussing this point

he claims the government hasnt paid vast amounts of money into the banks, its underwritten them with cash reserves which will be available to them as they need it

the problem , he reckons is that the treasury doesnt have it , hence the talk of printing more money

the government is also about to pour more money into building more public buildings to try and ease things

the government does recognise that if they can get the construction industry moving it will move the economy

i would like to point out that im not a government spokes person

but a realist that recognises there is an election looming so some swift action is required

D

Deleted member 9966

errrrrrrrrr sorry to contradict you girlracer but the government does run the country or at least thats what they were elected to do

maybe if they acted as if they do they might get the hang of it

one of my customers is high up in barclays, who havent been bailed out, and we were discussing this point

he claims the government hasnt paid vast amounts of money into the banks, its underwritten them with cash reserves which will be available to them as they need it

the problem , he reckons is that the treasury doesnt have it , hence the talk of printing more money

the government is also about to pour more money into building more public buildings to try and ease things

the government does recognise that if they can get the construction industry moving it will move the economy

i would like to point out that im not a government spokes person

but a realist that recognises there is an election looming so some swift action is required

Mike,

All I'm trying to say is that the economy should be allowed to run itself because it's based on either rational or irrational behaviour of the consumer. The government hasn't run this country properly for years, and from my point of view, I never voted in Labour and have been actively voting to get them out.

IMO, the government has not acted in the best interests of the country because they have not kept a proper grip on the financial services industry and have now had to spend tax payers money on private companies that should never have been bailed out.

The money propping up the banks should have been spent by local authorities on schools, hospitals and council services, allowing the construction industry and other industries to recover.

It's all about the circular flow of money. If you have a job, you get paid, if you get paid, you buy goods and services when you go shopping. If you don't have a job or get paid less, you buy less goods and services, you don't buy as much, businesses then make less money and have to reduce their workforce, increasing the number of people unemployed and thus causing more people not to be able to spend.

The UK government should have been more frugal and now the UK population have to suffer because they were not.

Sorry to go on and hijack the thread but I feel very passionately about the whole situation and I believe it's People Power that will put this country back on track and not the government.

D

doug boardley

govt.s and banks suffer from the same ailment "heads up bottoms syndrome" Heads will start to re emerge on the run up to the next general election:oops:

M

mikethetile

never a truer word was said doug

they have all got their eyes on the next election and what they will be doing to get themselves elected

the older ones among us will remember the 80s and 90s well and what we went through

theres a lot i could say on this matter but i wont as i believe that politics like religion have no place on a tiling forum

so all ill say on the matter is that whoevers in and whatever happens the outcome will be the same

the working man will pay tax to pay for it all

that and death are the only certainties in life

this thread is about work for british workers

lets stay on topic and support the cause

Reply to Want to help get Britain back building again? Interested in the contruction industry? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen