Search the forum,

Discuss Vote Leave Or Vote Remain? in the General Off-topic Chat (nothing tile) area at TilersForums.com.

How will you vote in the EU referendum?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Perhaps not quite true but for comedic value...?!

image.jpeg

J

Just Rizzle

for over 20 years the books of the eu don't balance due to waste and corruption. We get out far less than we put in, Britain is a trading nation with trade links through out the world through the commenwelth nations these are far bigger than the eu and they are up and coming nations not stagnant and inept as the French and German
based eu . theres 50 percent youth unemployment in the med eu states dragging the germans down and it will effect us eventually if we don't get off this sinking ship sucking the life out of us.

Rich Midge

TF
Esteemed
Reaction score
The reason for mentioning Farage is for all the millions supporting the exit he is one of only a few political heavyweights. The others as quoted earlier are the likes of BNP, EDL, Britain First, IDS, Boris, Gove and Trump. The remains meanwhile, every other party leader including SNP and Sinn Fein, religious leaders of every denomination in Britain, the majority of the top 100 businesses in Britain, leading scientists including Hawking, the trade unions, every other prime minister or equivalent in Europe, Obama in the States etc.

J

Just Rizzle

The reason for mentioning Farage is for all the millions supporting the exit he is one of only a few political heavyweights. The others as quoted earlier are the likes of BNP, EDL, Britain First, IDS, Boris, Gove and Trump. The remains meanwhile, every other party leader including SNP and Sinn Fein, religious leaders of every denomination in Britain, the majority of the top 100 businesses in Britain, leading scientists including Hawking, the trade unions, every other prime minister or equivalent in Europe, Obama in the States etc.
sinn fein theres a bunch . who want home rule for Ireland but want us to stay in theEU?
OBAMA do you think the usa would ever ever ever give away control of its sovereignty ?

Rich Midge

TF
Esteemed
Reaction score
Just listing those political heavyweights in favour of a British remain. The fact Obama backs remain and Trump exit to me speaks volumes. As for Sinn Fein, it's my understanding they'll seek a vote to leave the UK if the exit campaign triumphs but are not visibly supporting a vote leave.

C

Concrete guy

BNP, EDL, Britain First account for what proportion of electorate? 1%? Less than 1%? of course the Leave campaign suits them, they are very right wing to a point of extreme, however they are not representative of the electorate. They are almost as right wing as the government that France nearly got earlier this month - now that's scary. Just to put this in perspective, at the last general election the Monster Raving Looney party got more votes than the BNP by quite a margin. I don't see them on your list.

The SNP received fewer votes than UKIP in the last general election, in fact even the Liberal democrats got more votes than the SNP, the SNP are a minorty party with 4.7% of the votes on a national level. Sinn Fein received 0.6% of the votes cast in total.

Actual results here:- Results of the 2015 General Election - Election 2015 - BBC News

So to suggest any of the parties above represent the voting electorate shows you clearly don't understand some fundamentals.

Meanwhile, the leader of the Labour party, who spent most of his 40 year career campaigning against the EU as a Eurosceptic is now leading the Labour In campaign. Asked last week on TV on a scale of 1-10 where would he say he was with regard to the UK staying in the EU replied - seven to seven and a half. That's confidence for you.

Julian put this entire referendum in perspective a few posts back.

The entire referendum is about Control and Choice. We are voting to control and choose ourselves or hand over the power to a third party government of officials we have not chosen. It really is that simple.

You can then apply that argument to immigration, business, finance, tax, racism etc etc, but it doesn't change the fact the vote is about nothing more than control and choice.

D

dave l and l

sinn fein theres a bunch . who want home rule for Ireland but want us to stay in theEU?
OBAMA do you think the usa would ever ever ever give away control of its sovereignty ?
kinda . china pretty much owns there debt / economy,
keith chegwin is for out maybe that will change yer mind , dont think i could bear to agree with him ha ha

D

dave l and l

BNP, EDL, Britain First account for what proportion of electorate? 1%? Less than 1%? of course the Leave campaign suits them, they are very right wing to a point of extreme, however they are not representative of the electorate. They are almost as right wing as the government that France nearly got earlier this month - now that's scary. Just to put this in perspective, at the last general election the Monster Raving Looney party got more votes than the BNP by quite a margin. I don't see them on your list.

The SNP received fewer votes than UKIP in the last general election, in fact even the Liberal democrats got more votes than the SNP, the SNP are a minorty party with 4.7% of the votes on a national level. Sinn Fein received 0.6% of the votes cast in total.

Actual results here:- Results of the 2015 General Election - Election 2015 - BBC News

So to suggest any of the parties above represent the voting electorate shows you clearly don't understand some fundamentals.

Meanwhile, the leader of the Labour party, who spent most of his 40 year career campaigning against the EU as a Eurosceptic is now leading the Labour In campaign. Asked last week on TV on a scale of 1-10 where would he say he was with regard to the UK staying in the EU replied - seven to seven and a half. That's confidence for you.

Julian put this entire referendum in perspective a few posts back.

The entire referendum is about Control and Choice. We are voting to control and choose ourselves or hand over the power to a third party government of officials we have not chosen. It really is that simple.

You can then apply that argument to immigration, business, finance, tax, racism etc etc, but it doesn't change the fact the vote is about nothing more than control and choice.

think it was more pointing out party leaders and well respected people were in favour of voting to stay,,
the snp represent the voting electorate in scotland , i thinik the general feeling in scotland is for staying in,

C

Concrete guy

think it was more pointing out party leaders and well respected people were in favour of voting to stay,,
the snp represent the voting electorate in scotland , i thinik the general feeling in scotland is for staying in,

The fact remains though, these parties are minority parties when it comes to counting votes.

I've been searching for factual information about the stance of the FTSE 100 companies but can't find anything firm as it seems when pushed not all are choosing to respond for fear of being embroiled in the political process.

Do also remember that being listed on the FTSE 100 doesn't necessarily make the company British. SHELL Petroleum (Dutch), HSBC Bank (Honk Kong and Shanghai Banking corporation). The decision of many of these business will be based on tax and tax alone.

C

Concrete guy

I think a vote to leave is more likely to give us less control. We'll still be in Europe but with no say in the EU.

So pretty much as we are now then but with more cash and more control of who comes and goes.

I don't think the EU as we know it would survive BREXIT. If next Friday brings a leave vote I would expect other member states to announce referendums. Sweden and Denmark being the first in the queue.

D

dave l and l

i also dont understand whats so bad about being in
i am busy at work , things in the shops are affordable , i can go on holiday , i get free health care, my quality of life is good , why do we feel the need to change that so much,
plus people keep on saying we will be more in control of whats ours, that is bull the working man like most of the people in here wont have a say no matter the outcome is , as the people in the upper echelons of society that make the decisions

Reaction score
We have just emerged from a recession,I for one had a hard time businesswise but have buckled up and came
out the other side still in business and getting busier than ever, because all of us have resolve to succeed and do well and we will do the same....so my vote is to leave the EU and we will still apply the same resolve and do well
nobody knows what the financial side effect will be but I am sure whatever we can survive and do well.

D

dave l and l

The fact remains though, these parties are minority parties when it comes to counting votes.

I've been searching for factual information about the stance of the FTSE 100 companies but can't find anything firm as it seems when pushed not all are choosing to respond for fear of being embroiled in the political process.

Do also remember that being listed on the FTSE 100 doesn't necessarily make the company British. SHELL Petroleum (Dutch), HSBC Bank (Honk Kong and Shanghai Banking corporation). The decision of many of these business will be based on tax and tax alone.

you are right , however from where i am sitting the snp are firmly the majority party in scotland. so they pretty much speak for the country ,

D

dave l and l

We have just emerged from a recession,I for one had a hard time businesswise but have buckled up and came
out the other side still in business and getting busier than ever, because all of us have resolve to succeed and do well and we will do the same....so my vote is to leave the EU and we will still apply the same resolve and do well
nobody knows what the financial side effect will be but I am sure whatever we can survive and do well.

i still dont undersatnd why ye would want to leave then if all is going well.
i know it cant be because bishopton has had an influx if foreign workers i would have heard,
still not used that cutter by the way , marble job got held up too much so i had to bin it

Reply to Vote Leave Or Vote Remain? in the General Off-topic Chat (nothing tile) area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen