Search the forum,

Discuss Vote Leave Or Vote Remain? in the General Off-topic Chat (nothing tile) area at TilersForums.com.

How will you vote in the EU referendum?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
J

Just Rizzle

I see Sweden and Denmark as first in for a referendum if we choose to leave. It would be a domino effect.

Roll on next Friday, It's all getting a bit tiresome now.
Sweden definitely as there been swamped with migrants Greece may also break as there economy is broken they will also tell the Germans that they get there money back when they get the gold back that the nazies looted in the 2nd ww

H

hmtiling

He's right - constitutionaly the decision rests with parliament.
Although they have said they'll listen to the people.

Ireland listened to the people. And they kept asking and listening until they voted the "correct" way!
He's/you are not. referendum by definition is giving the electorate a direct decision.

O

One Day

I'm confident I know what a referendum is

My understanding is that a referendum is simply asking for a vote on a question.
The final decision must be made/passed by parliament who can choose to ignore the referendum (i.e. Ireland)

I heard Mr Cameron interviewed on R4 this week and it was put to him that parliament could ignore the people, but he said in this instance they would listen and let the people choose.

H

hmtiling

My understanding is that a referendum is simply asking for a vote on a question.
The final decision must be made/passed by parliament who can choose to ignore the referendum (i.e. Ireland)

I heard Mr Cameron interviewed on R4 this week and it was put to him that parliament could ignore the people, but he said in this instance they would listen and let the people choose.
I was under the impression that this is a mandatory referendum and the decision is ours.

D

dave l and l

Boris being in charge is even more thought provoking. He is a buffoon. It would also open the window for Ian duncan smith.two total cretins... I dont know if its different up here in Scotland. But the general feeling I get is an in vote. Which I am tending to agree with

Ajax123

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
I cannot understand why our elected leaders with their huge pay packets, even huger egos but most importantly access to the most highly qualified people in the country if not the world and who are there to act in the best interests of the country and its population (not just the voting population), are letting such a hugely important decision, not only for our generation but for generations to follow, be made by a bunch of uneducated, unqualified plebians like me. I have no clue what the likley outcome will be if we exit, likewise I have no real idea how to prdeict what will happen if we stay in. The information such as it is coming out of parliament and other illustrious organisations is confusing, conflicted, unplanned, uncoordinated and in many cases probably downright misleading. I have yet to see anything even resembling a plan of action should the vote be to leave other than it will be a "phased exit taking several years". There is almost no meaningful information available to say what the difference in costs will be between staying in and coming out. The debate seems to have focussed heavily on immigration which actually is not really a big thing and not that difficult to resolve IMO the leave campaign seeming to be pandering and even encouraging mass hysteria and xenophobia and wanting us to become this little insular island free from the ties of the big brother that is the EU. Where I live the immigrant population is pretty strong but without them none of us would have much food on the table. The stay campaign seems intent on telling me its going to cost us money if we leave but not coming up with any real reasons why this should be. the media seem intent on sensationalising the whole thing. My fear if we leave is that we will revert to some sort of victorian society with work houses and no human rights. my fear if we stay is that we will be more subsumed into what is an unelected and corrupted organisation intent on domination and we have little power to change.

I, like no doubt millions of others, am being urged to vote, it is important after all, on a matter of great international importance and yet that vote will be largely based on an emotional response to what I hear and see. I really have no idea which way to vote. Why are our elected leaders not making this important decision for us....is it perhaps so that if it all goes horribly wrong they can blame us and not themselves. Is it because they are gutless and self serving. Is it because actually they have no more idea than me as to what we should do.

I will vote because I think it is important. As yet I have no idea which way. Perhaps I will adopt the same strategy as my grandmother in past general elections where they sent cars to pick flk up to take them to the polling station. She voted for the ones who picked her up first.

P

Perry

I think its all about Cameron winning the last election. He thought to win votes from Nigel he would promise the vote not believing we would be daft enough to vote out.

S

Spare Tool

I cannot understand why our elected leaders with their huge pay packets, even huger egos but most importantly access to the most highly qualified people in the country if not the world and who are there to act in the best interests of the country and its population (not just the voting population), are letting such a hugely important decision, not only for our generation but for generations to follow, be made by a bunch of uneducated, unqualified plebians like me. I have no clue what the likley outcome will be if we exit, likewise I have no real idea how to prdeict what will happen if we stay in. The information such as it is coming out of parliament and other illustrious organisations is confusing, conflicted, unplanned, uncoordinated and in many cases probably downright misleading. I have yet to see anything even resembling a plan of action should the vote be to leave other than it will be a "phased exit taking several years". There is almost no meaningful information available to say what the difference in costs will be between staying in and coming out. The debate seems to have focussed heavily on immigration which actually is not really a big thing and not that difficult to resolve IMO the leave campaign seeming to be pandering and even encouraging mass hysteria and xenophobia and wanting us to become this little insular island free from the ties of the big brother that is the EU. Where I live the immigrant population is pretty strong but without them none of us would have much food on the table. The stay campaign seems intent on telling me its going to cost us money if we leave but not coming up with any real reasons why this should be. the media seem intent on sensationalising the whole thing. My fear if we leave is that we will revert to some sort of victorian society with work houses and no human rights. my fear if we stay is that we will be more subsumed into what is an unelected and corrupted organisation intent on domination and we have little power to change.

I, like no doubt millions of others, am being urged to vote, it is important after all, on a matter of great international importance and yet that vote will be largely based on an emotional response to what I hear and see. I really have no idea which way to vote. Why are our elected leaders not making this important decision for us....is it perhaps so that if it all goes horribly wrong they can blame us and not themselves. Is it because they are gutless and self serving. Is it because actually they have no more idea than me as to what we should do.

I will vote because I think it is important. As yet I have no idea which way. Perhaps I will adopt the same strategy as my grandmother in past general elections where they sent cars to pick flk up to take them to the polling station. She voted for the ones who picked her up first.
This pic confirms all of that..
wp_ss_20160616_0001.png

Reply to Vote Leave Or Vote Remain? in the General Off-topic Chat (nothing tile) area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen