Search the forum,

Discuss Urgent price check required!!!!!!!!!! in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

E

enduro

With my pricing, i get nearly every job, got three bathrooms today, 2 kitchens, if people think I'm expensive the wouldn't use me. I'm not tiling all day to buy a round of drinks in the pub at the end of the day, I'm here to make a living for me and my family, tiling is a skilled job and the sooner customers realise that the better, they pay loads for there tiles and expect us tilers fix them for nothing.

A

alberttrotter1

Forum,
With reference to a job price request i placed a bit further up this post.
Im getting a horrible feeling that im getting this pricing side of things very wrong.
I have put in a quote of £584 to do

18m2 ceramics for the walls and
3.5m2 for the floor.

Now having priced up all the gear needed - Using ardex coming to £155 inc vat and inc a £20 charge for the nearest company to me getting the stuff in.

Am i taking the p**s by charging £20m2, considering i can make the same doing overtime at security where i work full time.
Working it out on the price list from Ceramic solutions the other day, the tight git is still getting a lot cheaper.

The guy has said that he'll wait a while so he can go and price up the adhesives himself in case he can get it cheaper.
He will have to sign a disclaimer, saying i wont be responsible if/when it all falls of the wall.

I have also offered Tanking (about £70), but they think it is cheaper to use "backer boards", I havent had any dealings with this stuff yet, but does it need priming before tiling and am i right in thinking that the corner joints will require to be sealed before hand anyway and are there any other things i need to consider when fixing on to it????
I await patiently your replies.

Reply to Urgent price check required!!!!!!!!!! in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Replies you've not seen

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside.