Currently reading:
Urgent price check required!!!!!!!!!!

Discuss Urgent price check required!!!!!!!!!! in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
Yes. So say it's £80 to fix the tiles and have your time but then any materials are at an additional cost. And you'll go halves on the trade discount or whatever.

Generally this tactic avoids the "oh **** I forgot to price the three door strips in the job" type situation that costs the tiler but the customer would usually expect to pay.

A

alberttrotter1

Dan,
Sorry to be a complete pain, but i've got another one for you.

A complete shower/toilet - Full walls and floor.
Straight set everywhere.
18m2 - walls - 6x6 possibly a little bigger, but i'll tell them the price will change if they go bigger.
3.5m2 - floor - 300 x 300, same as above.

Tanking required for the shower only.
Fully prep'd by the builder.
No furniture to remove.
And is it safe to tile straight onto plasterboard following priming???
I have a rough price, but would appreciate input.
This is the mate who thinks it should be done for free, but i want to make good on it as i have told him to get another quote.
Thanks mate.
----
Dan,
Just spoke to my mate with reference to the splashback and he's happy with £80 for fixing and he'll leave me to get the gear and bill him.
You have been a patient star - £20 per m2 seems to do it.
Thanks again and i hope the other request i've posted ain't a liberty.
Lokk forward to hearing from you soon.
Albert

Last edited by a moderator:
B

BrhTiling

i don't know what area you are from, but it seems quite difficult to get work around here at the moment.... Personally I would be charing a mate like 60 plus materials for that... 4m2, unless there was / is a lot of akward cuts it isn't going to take more than a day.... I guess it depends how close a mate they are really.

For the other job, floor plus wall, I would charge £400 plus materials.

G

GazTech

£150 a day is the going rate for a qaulity tradesman , mates rates wots them lol lol...
Mates rates don't apply when you have no mates Billy NM
icon10.gif

----
£140 labour,£50 materials,£10 sundry(fuel & ****) £200. OR £20 materials and no labour to a true mate otherwise £170 to friend of a friend

Last edited by a moderator:
E

enduro

With my pricing, i get nearly every job, got three bathrooms today, 2 kitchens, if people think I'm expensive the wouldn't use me. I'm not tiling all day to buy a round of drinks in the pub at the end of the day, I'm here to make a living for me and my family, tiling is a skilled job and the sooner customers realise that the better, they pay loads for there tiles and expect us tilers fix them for nothing.

A

alberttrotter1

Forum,
With reference to a job price request i placed a bit further up this post.
Im getting a horrible feeling that im getting this pricing side of things very wrong.
I have put in a quote of £584 to do

18m2 ceramics for the walls and
3.5m2 for the floor.

Now having priced up all the gear needed - Using ardex coming to £155 inc vat and inc a £20 charge for the nearest company to me getting the stuff in.

Am i taking the p**s by charging £20m2, considering i can make the same doing overtime at security where i work full time.
Working it out on the price list from Ceramic solutions the other day, the tight git is still getting a lot cheaper.

The guy has said that he'll wait a while so he can go and price up the adhesives himself in case he can get it cheaper.
He will have to sign a disclaimer, saying i wont be responsible if/when it all falls of the wall.

I have also offered Tanking (about £70), but they think it is cheaper to use "backer boards", I havent had any dealings with this stuff yet, but does it need priming before tiling and am i right in thinking that the corner joints will require to be sealed before hand anyway and are there any other things i need to consider when fixing on to it????
I await patiently your replies.

Reply to Urgent price check required!!!!!!!!!! in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.

Advertisement

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside.