Search the forum,

Discuss Upstairs ensuite bathroom with electric underfloor in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

J

Jaykaybee22

Hello there,
Can you please give me some advice to a novice?
In my new extension I have a small ensuite bath/shower room (upstairs) currently with a chipboard floor - floor size about 1.5msq.
I have bought a diy undefloor heating mat.
I would like to use natural travertine floor tiles.
Please can you advise what I need to lay in what order?
eg.
Chipboard
Some sort of ply(???)
Primer
Heating mat
Some sort of screed?
Flexible tile adhesive
Travertine tiles....

Also I am worried with all these layers there will be a difference between the carpet and the bathroom floor surfaces of about an inch?!!! How does one get over this?

Thanks for your expertise!
Jenna

nybor62

TF
Reaction score
to get over height probs , you can remove chip board floor, and in its place fix 15mm wbp ply ,then over board with 6mm cement board , lay heating mat then self leveler over the top, fix tiles with single part flex white adhesive, flexi grout , hope this makes sense, there are other variations in which way it could be done and maybe one of the lads will add to this later

J

Jaykaybee22

Thanks for your help!
Bit worried about taking up the chipboard floor... can I just leave it and put the cement board over the top?

nybor62

TF
Reaction score
yes but the floor needs to be deflection free i would go for min 10mm cement board glued and screwed
by deflection free i mean no bounce in the floor at all

Reply to Upstairs ensuite bathroom with electric underfloor in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen