Search the forum,

Discuss Underfloor Heating Question in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

E

EXRM1802

Would like some confirmation on a UFH question please.
If a floor has UFH installed and is then tiled before the kitchen units are put in, should you lay heating system under units or not?Can the heat twist the unit doors ect?
Kitchen fitter said he encountered this problem.
Any ideas?
Cheers lads

C

calculator

no the heat generated would not affect the units, but waste of time putting wire under units, keep it where you are likely to walk to get the benefit

G

grumpygrouter

no the heat generated would not affect the units, but waste of time putting wire under units, keep it where you are likely to walk to get the benefit

Agreed, why put heating where little toes don't get the benefit. Waste of money to do that.

G

GazTech

Can never understand why people would want to buy tiles and UFH,then pay for adhesive,grout and labour for absolutly no purpose or gain at all..:whatchutalkingabout..........OH but what happens if we decide to change the layout of the kitchen then?..........Change the flippin layout now before it is fitted DOH !!

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
This is a question always asked and the answer I used to give was this.

If you're buying a 150 watts per quare meter system as it's hitting the rating required for a said room heat-wise meaning you can remove the rad.... then this will need to be fitted in all 90+% of the floor (everything other than the perimeter gap) so in those kitchens and bathrooms you'll find your heating is underpowered so the answer is buy a 200 watts per square meter system to counter-balance this effect.

If you're buying the heating just for a tile warmer.... then why stick it under the kitchen units? you'll not be standing there!

Reply to Underfloor Heating Question in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi there, hoping for some help here. I am about to install a small (2.2x2.5m approx) area of...
Replies
Views
Hi All I am after some advice please. We have a retrofit undefloor heating system ( Robbens...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, With a kitchen renovation, Mrs choose the white mirror quartz floor tiles from a...
Replies
Views
Hi all I’m so glad to have stumbled upon this forum, which seems to be a treasure trove of...
Replies
Views
Hi I have ordered the Wunda Rapid Response underfloor heating for my kitchen. We were going...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen