Search the forum,

Discuss Uncoupling & Tanking Membrane in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

W

wetdec

You will have noticed by now that I am continually singing the praises of Durabase CI uncoupling mat and Durabase WP tanking membrane in place of Ditra and Kerdi mat. It is very difficult to promote an alternative to any product especially when trying to compete with a big name such as Schluter.

By way of encouragement and introduction to the users of the Tilers Arms Wetdecs have priced Durabase membranes very competitively in the hope you will try and realise the advantages of using them.

There are 3 roll sizes priced for you as follows :

25m - £150 ex

10m - £75 ex

5m - £45 ex

These prices include delivery to anywhere in the UK and will hold until further notice.

If anyone would like a piece of Durabase membrane to touch and sniff then please pm me and I will get one off to you.

Data sheets on both products are available here :

Durabase CI

Durabase WP

Tiler

D

dean39

You will have noticed by now that I am continually singing the praises of Durabase CI uncoupling mat and Durabase WP tanking membrane in place of Ditra and Kerdi mat. It is very difficult to promote an alternative to any product especially when trying to compete with a big name such as Schluter.

By way of encouragement and introduction to the users of the Tilers Arms Wetdecs have priced Durabase membranes very competitively in the hope you will try and realise the advantages of using them.

There are 3 roll sizes priced for you as follows :

25m - £150 ex

10m - £75 ex

5m - £45 ex

These prices include delivery to anywhere in the UK and will hold until further notice.

If anyone would like a piece of Durabase membrane to touch and sniff then please pm me and I will get one off to you.

Data sheets on both products are available here :

Durabase CI

Durabase WP

Tiler

Thanks for that post wetdec........................cheers :thumbsup:

W

wetdec

I am waiting on some literature once that gets here I will send details and decent samples out to anyone who wants them.

I am aware that I push really hard on the Durabase systems but from my point of view it’s very difficult to introduce and convince users of the orange products that this stuff really is easier and at least as good. If I get on your nerves then its not intentional just bl**dy hard work.

tiler :thumbsup:

D

Droopy

I am waiting on some literature once that gets here I will send details and decent samples out to anyone who wants them.

I am aware that I push really hard on the Durabase systems but from my point of view it’s very difficult to introduce and convince users of the orange products that this stuff really is easier and at least as good. If I get on your nerves then its not intentional just bl**dy hard work.

tiler :thumbsup:

Price apart, what would you say are the advantages of this of "the orange product"?

W

wetdec

The retention of adhesive and so the holding of the tiles using the orange stuff is reliant on the fixer filling in the dovetail anchor system. To ensure the dovetail is filled correctly and of course validate any installation adhesive needs to be generally more fluid than normally used so disallowing any build and some difficulty with heavier tiles.

Durabase CI has indents as with the orange stuff but no fiddling with dovetails and runny muck. The CI mat has a mesh covered surface which the adhesive penetrates creating the grab you require for the tiles.

Grab should be initiated with the back of a tilers trowel before combing to ensure un-interrupted coverage

I hope this goes some way to answering your question. If you want a piece Drew pm me your address m8

tiler

Last edited by a moderator:
S

Saltire69

Whats the supporting weight off durabase Doc? Will it hold 600x300 tiles ok, durabase going onto to plasterboard.

D

DHTiling

I have a question toooooooo...:grin:

Does Durabase ( floor ) have the same sort of fleece laminated to the back..?

And are the round pocket holes dovetailed as well as having the mesh....or does it just rely on the mesh for holding the adhesive.? and if so is the mesh anti-rot...by this i mean ok in wetrooms if you have water ingression through the joints..?
We don't want it rotting and tiles delaminating....just a couple-ish questions ...thanks........

Ohh! and one last one...is it OK with modified and non-modified adhesives.....

D

DHTiling

Just checking what it like compared to Ditra........:thumbsup: .....I always use Ditra but it is wise to keep up with its competitors ....
I might turn up to a job and they have supplied it then wot...ooooops don't know about that product missus take it back......:lol: ....

So i say know about what you are using before using it........:grin: .......

W

wetdec

I have a question toooooooo...:grin:

Does Durabase ( floor ) have the same sort of fleece laminated to the back..?

*** Yes it has a fleece layerer bonded to the back as the orange stuff *****

And are the round pocket holes dovetailed as well as having the mesh....or does it just rely on the mesh for holding the adhesive.?
and if so is the mesh anti-rot...by this i mean ok in wetrooms if you have water ingression through the joints..?

*** The round pockets are not dovetailed the adhesive grab is to the synthetic mesh which no doesnt rot. When using on wood floors in wet rooms the durabase ci mat should have its joints reinforced with a tape as with other mats of this nature. ***

We don't want it rotting and tiles delaminating....just a couple-ish questions ...thanks........

Ohh! and one last one...is it OK with modified and non-modified adhesives.....
***It is fine***

All of this will become clearer to those who have asked for samples as I will include data sheets.

I think its important to bare in mind that when schluter had Durabase removed as a competitor when using the dovetail system the manufacturers were asked to produce an equivelant product. Durabase CI was the result.

tiler

W

wetdec

I'm still getting requests for samples and literature on the Durabase and am getting a load ready to go out to arrive with you hopefully Saturday. Anyone else want so I can send them together ??

I will send individual requests out whenever needed for future reference.

tiler

S

Saltire69

Wetdec i sent u an e-mail regarding this and the wetroom former. Could u let us know the answer plz. Customers been phoning me about it.

Reply to Uncoupling & Tanking Membrane in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen