Search the forum,

Discuss Uncoupling & Tanking Membrane in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

D

DHTiling

Just checking what it like compared to Ditra........:thumbsup: .....I always use Ditra but it is wise to keep up with its competitors ....
I might turn up to a job and they have supplied it then wot...ooooops don't know about that product missus take it back......:lol: ....

So i say know about what you are using before using it........:grin: .......

W

wetdec

I have a question toooooooo...:grin:

Does Durabase ( floor ) have the same sort of fleece laminated to the back..?

*** Yes it has a fleece layerer bonded to the back as the orange stuff *****

And are the round pocket holes dovetailed as well as having the mesh....or does it just rely on the mesh for holding the adhesive.?
and if so is the mesh anti-rot...by this i mean ok in wetrooms if you have water ingression through the joints..?

*** The round pockets are not dovetailed the adhesive grab is to the synthetic mesh which no doesnt rot. When using on wood floors in wet rooms the durabase ci mat should have its joints reinforced with a tape as with other mats of this nature. ***

We don't want it rotting and tiles delaminating....just a couple-ish questions ...thanks........

Ohh! and one last one...is it OK with modified and non-modified adhesives.....
***It is fine***

All of this will become clearer to those who have asked for samples as I will include data sheets.

I think its important to bare in mind that when schluter had Durabase removed as a competitor when using the dovetail system the manufacturers were asked to produce an equivelant product. Durabase CI was the result.

tiler

W

wetdec

I'm still getting requests for samples and literature on the Durabase and am getting a load ready to go out to arrive with you hopefully Saturday. Anyone else want so I can send them together ??

I will send individual requests out whenever needed for future reference.

tiler

S

Saltire69

Wetdec i sent u an e-mail regarding this and the wetroom former. Could u let us know the answer plz. Customers been phoning me about it.

S

Spud

those are good prices wet dec and i will give it a try next time i need some matting does any one rememeber when ditra was hessian backedand chanelled rather than dovetailed it has improved alot since then, the ci mat looks good but i havent tried it yet

O

Olz

PM'd you the other day mate, im sure you've got it in hand,

Just setting myself up at the moment and sorting out suppliers and that so as your always on hand mate, you'll have my business. - Just as soon as i get some business lol.

What are the delivery times out of interest and can you deliver straight to customers addresses.

Is the discount available if we refer our customers to you when their providing the materials, by them mentioning our names etc.

Sorry for firing all the questions at you.

Oli

W

wetdec

Wetdec i sent u an e-mail regarding this and the wetroom former. Could u let us know the answer plz. Customers been phoning me about it.

Sorry didnt get it will get it to the email you now sent me.

cheers

tiler
----
Hi

The membranes can be delivered anywhere and go out on 48hr unless next day is requested (+£s)

I think I have been fair there is a margin to be made on all the prices shown and these prices are too Tilers Arms members, If a customer requests a price they will pay retail I'm not a charity.

tiler

Last edited by a moderator:

Reply to Uncoupling & Tanking Membrane in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen