Search the forum,

Discuss Twitter, how dose it work? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

P

Prem Tiler

I've just started a twitter account but can't see what the point in it is.

Can anyone shead any light on this new phonanom? Every one is banging on about tweeting this and tweeting that but I can't understand what its all about.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Basically, whether you're an individual or a company you can have an account and get your news out to those interested. So you try to get as many followers as you can (those are the people who see what you write) and follow those you want to listen to (and those are the messages [tweets] that you see when you log in).

As tilers you can follow us, tta, adhesive firms, and each other. And you want to tweet with those in mind, but your main reason would be to try and attract business or potential customers.

So it wouldn't work on it's own, you'd need to advertise the fact you have twitter on your website or business cards perhaps (website more so to be honest) and then should the customer you've just visited wish to dig around a bit on you, they can see what you've tweeted and perhaps get a bit of a better opinion on your knowledge or whatever.

There are loads of ways companies use it, but you have to think about either using it to find better deals or more training or anything that will improve your business and/or potential customers.

Checkout what others tweet and you'll see what's going on.

I mainly use it to cross-promote the forums and to generally get tradesmen on twitter! lol - see, I'm thinking of you! - those who get the edge now will have a bit of an advantage in the future.

P

Prem Tiler

I knew you wouldn't let me down boys. So I need to find as many like minded and alike business's to follow me to spread the word that I'm hear and worth checking out?

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Yeah, but when you follow them they wont always follow you.

A tip to get followers is to use the search feature tag thing twitter uses.

So if you type @fred - that'll let fred know. If you type #fred, that'll let all those who search for fred find you.

So at the end of your message put #tiles #tiler or something like we do :)

Then you show up in searches and find people who you haven't just followed, but they have searched like you will do to find followers with interesting messages (tweets).

Welcome to 2011 :lol:

You'd better get the hang of this as 2015-2018 will be interesting.

Reply to Twitter, how dose it work? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen