Search the forum,

Discuss Tuff Form in the Tanking and Wetrooms area at TilersForums.com.

O

Old Mod

Well if u have it, u should use it, best using Schluter adhesive with Schluter products.
Eco prime is a primer not adhesive.

Reaction score
Well I had bought it originally for the seams and joining my ditra to the kerdi on the former. I had been searching for advice on adhering the fleece to the former and even contacted both schulter and akw and neither would recommend an adhesive.

I had seen on a different forum someone recommended using kerdi fix and then later on using kerdi Coll but no one would confirm it.

So for this reason I went with what was recommended on here, and that was to sand the surface, prime the surface with the ecoprim and combine with a mapei adhesive. Are you saying this won't work?

Reaction score
No they wouldn't recommend anything to fix down to the former as its something they've never worked with. And Akw only recommended using a paint on system which I wasnt really up for

O

Old Mod

Well knowing the members that have made the recommendations above as I do, I would be completely happy using any of their methods.
Well I'm the same as Schluter, not done it before.
However, I do know how good Kerdi Coll is, used it many times.
So I wouldn't hesitate to use it.
If u go that route, do not mix it until u are 100% ready, keep the room temp down as much as possible, and don't hang about! :)
If you're uneasy about using it, just mix in smaller batches to the correct ratio. Better done in one hit tho.

Reaction score
It was looking through old posts from a user called dhtiling. But I see he's no longer active. Do you think combining the Eco primgrip as apparently it's good for hard to adhere to surfaces (has small grit particles or something I it) and an adhesive like keraflex with latex added will still work then?

Reply to Tuff Form in the Tanking and Wetrooms area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen