Discuss Tubbed addy for 300x600..... in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

T

tkm18

I wonder how many are diving in. :)

I'm aware of the debates that fly around regarding tubbed vs bagged and size limits ect, but I stumbled across this the other day.

Hadn't bothered about it till a thread on here earlier.

Adhesives and Sealants for the DIY, Trade & Stationery Markets

Now that must do what it says on the the tin, I'd imagine it's not very practicle, I would assume the drying time is huge, haven't read the full specs.

Any thoughts??

Last edited by a moderator:
M

Matt

Wow. I wouldn't touch that with a barge pole. It would take forever and a day to dry, if it ever did. It also says it will cover 11m2. How big is the tub?

D

david campbell

quite a revelation...........Not

11m2 my arse..........if its a BOGOF maybe then:lol::lol:

M

Matt

I just checked on ScrewFix and the Tub is 10ltr. 11m2 out of 10ltrs? Are you kidding me

P

Perry

used to advertise for them lots of pics but never used it
just put there buckets in the pics lol

T

tkm18

I'm certainly not advocating using it, but a company like Evostik can't make claims like that without having done the research, the 11ms from a tub is a very bold claim!!

What has actually caught my eye recently is that more and more tubbed addys are adding porcelain to their list of suitable materials.

All be it pointing out greatly increased setting times.

F

Fekin

Im just thinking about the 30 year old spot fixed ceramic tiles and crumbly plaster that's going to be under the 600x300 porcelains :mad2:

M

Matthew77

I tell my customers to take anything called tile a floor or wall back to where they got it from for a refund, the tile a wall version that also doubles up as grout seems to be on every other job I go to.

Not sure what its made from but has the consistency of cheese spread & god knows what they put in it to make it so slippery when in contact with a metal trowel, its a struggle to get it from the tub to the wall without it slipping back into the tub or straight off onto the floor.

Hate that stuff!:mad2:

Reply to Tubbed addy for 300x600..... in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

Replies you've not seen

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lowpaul22