Discuss TOPPS - Selling Out of Date BAL product in the Australia area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

A

Angling Mad

Just wondered if anyone has a view on this. I went to my local Topps branch to pick up a couple of bags of BAL Micromax2 grout and a bottle of BAL GT1 Admix for a shower job in one of my holiday homes. When I set about doing the first mix I noticed that the GT1 was out of date December 2013, then picked up one of the bags of grout and noticed they had obviously split the bag at some point as all along the bottom it was stapled. As you can imagine I was pretty annoyed at the waste of time. Took it all back and they had no problem changing it but when the guy checked all of the GT1 stock was out of date newest Feb 2014 and he said he only got the last lot it delivered last week,HMMM. So yet another trek to find another supplier.

Obviously from now on I will check beforehand but does the GT1 lose its effectiveness quickly?

S

Stef

The dates not a best before date, it should be when it's manufactured.
It's a born on date the same as a bottle of Bud..

Sean Kelly

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Topps are normally quite good about dates and stock control. As is CTD. Any product that is out of date will be discounted for a quick sale. As Stef said, it is a born on date and must be used within xx date if stored in dry conditions etc.

M

Mr Tiler

also if you have stored it in your van/car overnight and it has gotten frosty I was told it is no good

M

Mr Tiler

i will always stick to it weather it be rite or wrong better safe than sued lol

W

White Room

It's the water content mixed with the addy that freezes not the dry powder...

Andy Allen

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
surly the lad at topps should of known its the date it was manufactured, and not a sell by date and explained this to the customer..?

S

Stef

also if you have stored it in your van/car overnight and it has gotten frosty I was told it is no good

I lost a lot of silicone, add mix & primers a few years ago with the frost.
As whitebeam says you don't have to worry about powders, ready mixed left in the van will freeze..

C

charlie1

I lost a lot of silicone, add mix & primers a few years ago with the frost.
As whitebeam says you don't have to worry about powders, ready mixed left in the van will freeze..

Good thing about pr360, seems to survive the frost

Reply to TOPPS - Selling Out of Date BAL product in the Australia area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dawz84
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks