Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss Tiling over old terrazzo porch floor in the Tiling Advice | Tile Forum area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

Coop5

TF
Reaction score
Please checkout the following advertisement.
Hi guys,

Literally just lifted the floor tiles of my porch floor (only about 2sqm 1920’s house) underneath is a kind of marble looking resin.

Google tells me this could be terrazzo!?

Anyway I need to level this and then tile.

Can anyone give me some advice here. Is it possible to level with a certain primer and leveller rather than digging it out ? Or possibly an https://www.tilersforums.com/forums/tile-adhesive/ and backer board approach ?

I do not want my new tiles to be popping off as they haven’t adhered properly.

Thanks all

OP
C

Coop5

TF
Reaction score
Cheers mate,

Sbr down then 24hrs later I have used mapei self leveller.

Mixed to correct quantity and poured. Dried ok but now have hairline cracks in. Nothing appears to feel loose or hollow, can sbr this again and lay another 5mm or so ?

Cheers

D808D45E-6110-4C90-BEE1-E36665D172CC.jpeg

Reply to Tiling over old terrazzo porch floor in the Tiling Advice | Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmcdon47
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock