Search the forum,

Discuss tiling over mdf with a pva primer in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

N

nlp67

Hi guys new to the forum, my question is my shower has been backed with mdf, l only know this because two bottom rows of three have blown and when l took them off l can see the mdf.Now to keep the costs down and a short term solution can l put neat pva on the mdf let it dry and then retile, need to do as cheap as poss as l'm renting it out short term and cant afford to completely refit.desperate for advice!!!! Thanks GUYS

D

diamondtiling

Hi guys new to the forum, my question is my shower has been backed with mdf, l only know this because two bottom rows of three have blown and when l took them off l can see the mdf.Now to keep the costs down and a short term solution can l put neat pva on the mdf let it dry and then retile, need to do as cheap as poss as l'm renting it out short term and cant afford to completely refit.desperate for advice!!!! Thanks GUYS

I take it you took the usual landlords route.......the cheapest option.

:presents1:

chris.tiling

TF
Arms
Poole
got to agree with all the advice above...NO to MDF and NO to PVA.

Two options - 1)cheap in short run = do as you have stated and then retile in a couple of weeks (which is more expensive in the end) or
2) more costly in beginning = rip it out and start again doing it properly and then not have to worry about your tenants ringing you up next week

Reply to tiling over mdf with a pva primer in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Make sure to mark a post as a solution for better transparency.

There are similar tiling threads here

• Question
Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you have shower leakage that goes downstairs leading to either your main floor or basement? Read this blog...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.

Advertisement

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside.