Search the forum,

Discuss Tiling onto plywood in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

A

AJPlumbing

Thanks for that. I called Mapei's technical helpline this morning and they said there should be no problems with a shower cubicle built with ply, providing it was securely fixed. They also agreed with using the 'shower waterproofing kit'.As for adhesive, they said Keraquick with Latex Plus would be fine but suggested that Keraflex would probably be better, so I think I'll go with that. The tiles are nothing fancy, just bog-standard 20x25cm ceramic ones.I generally take plenty of photos of everything I do (the house is G2* listed and it's good to keep a detailed record) so I'll post some as things progress - but you'll have to be patient as I'm not the fastest worker. ;)
I watched Wheeler Dealers the other day, the one where they restore a Morgan Plus 4. Morgans use 9mm marine ply as the floor of the car, screwed onto the steel chassis. No tanking kit, no priming, nothing. Just 9mm marine ply, LOL.

T

Tim@Larsen

I watched Wheeler Dealers the other day, the one where they restore a Morgan Plus 4. Morgans use 9mm marine ply as the floor of the car, screwed onto the steel chassis. No tanking kit, no priming, nothing. Just 9mm marine ply, LOL.

There's a world of of difference between proper marine ply and some of the boards being sold as 'WBP'!

M

mcquillantiling

using backer board is the way to go , do yourself and your pocket a favour and use the right materials now otherwise expect problems further down the line , the backerboard needs tanked in the same way and use a one part flexible standard setting adhesive , either bal or mapei whichever is available

Reply to Tiling onto plywood in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen