Search the forum,

Discuss tiling onto flexible wood floor. Advice please! in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

D

Droopy

Re: 1st Job tiling onto flexible wood floor. Advice please!

no i don't think so when you tile one side of ply it is unequal laminates and 6mm would dlaminate unless you stick it down with adhesive and screw it then tile on top but has to be solid as a rock

Yeah, it probably is so thin that you would either need to stick it aswell as screw it. Or screw it every 100mm or so.
Not very practicle, is it?

But, if all that was done, seeing as an unplyed T&G floor (with the correct spaced joists and noggins) is stable enough, then I don't see why that wouldn't be stable enough.

Not much chance of getting all of that in place though.

D

Droopy

Re: 1st Job tiling onto flexible wood floor. Advice please!

What dad means is, adhere the 12mm plywood to the floor, then fix with screws, then tile with SPF.....rather than 18mm ply just screwed down...I think..:grin:
_40440195_dustybin2032.jpg
;)

Reply to tiling onto flexible wood floor. Advice please! in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I've laid some Arditex NA over the kitchen floor area (not under cabinets. The area is...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Replies you've not seen

Birthdays

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside.