Currently reading:
Tiling around windows without trim challenge

Discuss Tiling around windows without trim challenge in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

andy-p

TF
Arms
on the subject of mitred edges on ceramics , i dont like them but its a matter of taste, look at the square edge trim on this , looks better ,safer and protects the tile edge imo.. :thumbsup:

Attachments

• Photo-0027.jpg
    120.4 KB · Views: 110
Guernsey
Hey K613
Take a look at this mitre. It was cut using a small trim saw. No filing. If you measure the length correctly the mitres will come out perfect every time. You can also do it with a mitre block and hacksaw but it takes a little practise to get it right. It is worth the effort. If you cut the mitres with a tile cutter be careful as it can discolour the metal trim due to heat damage.
Also if you are not used to mitring the tiles the trim is a better option.
IMG_6085.JPG IMG_6086[10584].JPG

Reply to Tiling around windows without trim challenge in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi, long time lurker, first time poster. Over the years I've used the good advice that I've read on this forum but with my current project I am a bit stumped. I am renovating an ensuite, it's...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe had worn away over the past 70 years, causing a small crack in the copper. A plumber/builder fixed...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in preparation for tiling. A couple of days after there's a lot of very fine cracks which have appeared, you...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I'm hoping you can help with some feedback, please My parents are currently having a new bathroom installed, all stripped back to bare walls and floor. The fitter has done/hasn't done...
Replies
Views
P
Hiya I know this was 10 years ago hoping you still use the same email address and get this notification but what was the out come at the end as I have just had a xylophone installed and...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside.