Discuss Tiling around windows without trim challenge in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

andy-p

TF
Arms
Reaction score
on the subject of mitred edges on ceramics , i dont like them but its a matter of taste, look at the square edge trim on this , looks better ,safer and protects the tile edge imo.. :thumbsup:

Attachments

• Photo-0027.jpg
    120.4 KB · Views: 104

bsc ceramics

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
iv done a few like this and always used my grinder. I seem to get more control that way . cant get on with a wet cutter to messy but each to there own. but I do think people seem to be asking for mitres more and more.
good luck..

Reaction score
Hey K613
Take a look at this mitre. It was cut using a small trim saw. No filing. If you measure the length correctly the mitres will come out perfect every time. You can also do it with a mitre block and hacksaw but it takes a little practise to get it right. It is worth the effort. If you cut the mitres with a tile cutter be careful as it can discolour the metal trim due to heat damage.
Also if you are not used to mitring the tiles the trim is a better option.
IMG_6085.JPG IMG_6086[10584].JPG

Reply to Tiling around windows without trim challenge in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alex Carr
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks