Tile Forum | America Tile Forum

Welcome to America Tile Forum, the USA Tile Industry. The Tile Association of America.

Discuss Tiling Around Door Frame in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

S

scholesy

Hi All,

I've nearly finished tiling my bathroom with large format 60 x 30 porcelain tiles. Its taken me a while but i'm finally getting there.

I think my question is a fairly simple one for you experts BUT i'm struggling as I'm not sure what the best practice\method is.

My door frame is in the corner of my bathroom and i've built it along with a new timber stud partition. The partition is boarded using aquapanel. Now the AP fills the lip of the door frame completly so that their is no wooden edge\lip on the door frame. If I tile onto the AP, the tiles will obviously finish, (with a cut edge) above the door frame level.

Whats the best way to finish off. Would you use some kind of Chrome beading (i've used this in other parts of bathroom) to end the tiles although i think this maybe a bit OTT. Or maybe some additional wooden section to attach to the frame? Or maybe another method?

cheers
Scholesy

A

atec

hi, if i understand what your saying i would frame again with wood so that the tiles and wood are level or tile to the edge of the AP and built new frame around door to hide tile joint. Just use wood to pack it up any gaps, lines in the wood fill with filler then paint over. Use sealant between wood and tile though, if you understand what i mean. not great at trying to explain things writing.

macten

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Re-frame as above

S

scholesy

thanks a lot

I know exactly what you mean. I'll basically just screw some extra battens to the frame. Thanks again

Scholesy

Reply to Tiling Around Door Frame in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

Please note that this thread is old so replying to it may not get a response. You'd be best posting a new thread with a good 4 or 5 word title.
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Apatel
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks