Search the forum,

Discuss Tiling a garage floor... in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

B

bluevin123

Hi,
Just returned from my hols and had a voicemail off someone who's bathroom I tiled last year.
He has asked if I could tile his garage floor,thats all I know at the minute,but want to arm myself with some knowledge when i c ring him back.

I think he uses it for his car, and would generally think to tile a normal concrete based floor,rapid set powdered adhesive would be ok.

Do you think I should recommend a certain tile to use,obviously not a shiny 6x6 ceramic, but would like any input please.

Thanks guys.
Vinnie.:thumbsup:

D

DHTiling

Yes a harder tile...fired at higher temp to vitrify , and porcelan is ideal as well...most car showrooms are done in porcelain tiles..

Check the pei rating of the tiles to suitabilty for the job...

Class 0 - No Foot Traffic:

Wall tile only and should not be used on floors.

Class 1 - Very light traffic:

Very low foot traffic, bare foot only. (Master Ensuite, spa bathroom).

Class 2 - Light Traffic:

Slipper or soft-soled shoes. Second level main bathroom areas, bedrooms.

Class 3 - Light to Moderate Traffic:

Any residential area with the possible exception of some entries and kitchens if extremely heavy or abrasive traffic is anticipated.

Class 4 - Moderate to Heavy Traffic:

High foot traffic, areas where abrasive or outside dirt could be tracked. Residential entry, kitchen, balcony, and countertop.

Class 5 - Heavy Traffic:

Ceramic tile suggested for residential, commercial and institutional floor subjected to heavy traffic.

this will help..>>> Broken Link Removed

Last edited by a moderator:

Reply to Tiling a garage floor... in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Make sure to mark a post as a solution for better transparency.

There are similar tiling threads here

• Question
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe had worn away over the past 70 years, causing a small crack in the copper. A plumber/builder fixed...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hi, I am planning on tiling my concrete garage floor with porcelain tiles. The concrete was laid down several years ago by a previous owner, and it looks like it was also polished and sealed -...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Birthdays

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside.