Search the forum,

Discuss Tiling a bath panel ??? in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Diydaz

TF
Reaction score
hi guys I’m going to tile my bath panel well I’d like to but not sure how to go about it i was thinking of using tile backer board but the bath is a 1600 and I can only find boards that come in 1200 lengths.......how would you guys approach this ???

jobdone

TF
Esteemed
Reaction score
You can buy boards in 2400 from CTD may have to order the 40mm but it makes the best panels as needs much less framing

B

Blunt Tool

BQ have started selling insulating tile backer boards and even sell a bath panel one but be prepared to pay

W

Waluigi

Topps’ Panel is £47 (Wedi)

Cheaper to buy a 20mm Orbry or Marmox long board I’d imagine.

macten

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
hi guys I’m going to tile my bath panel well I’d like to but not sure how to go about it i was thinking of using tile backer board but the bath is a 1600 and I can only find boards that come in 1200 lengths.......how would you guys approach this ???

Get 2.

macten

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
I’d much rather build and tile my own bath panel than all the hassle of getting an acrylic one fitted spot on when you have to estimate final floor levels etc....

martin1c

TF
Arms
Reaction score
If you have a B&Q warehouse near you, look for Q-board which is normally in the plastering and coving section. The panels are designed for baths with adjustable feet. They're also cheaper and easier to work with.

Reply to Tiling a bath panel ??? in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all, I am planning to tile a full height panel of split face tiles to sit 3” behind a log...
Replies
Views
I have moved into a new house and want to tile the downstairs bathroom walls. Its not a big room...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hello, I'm just a home owner who doesn't have much experience with tiling but I'm looking for...
Replies
Views
I've got an AKW Tuff form shower tray with a waste that is 10mm above the tray when fully...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen