Discuss Tiles hollow how to fix resin / Grout ?? in the DIY Tiling Forum area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

etaf

-
Reaction score
I had some advice here a while back on laying Porcelain Tiles on Outside porch , I followed various bits of advice here.
However, the tiles are hollow and moved , breaking the grout.

Porcialian 33x33cm tile.

The porch has 8 full tiles in the middle and then the surrounding tiles, which are the main issue.
They have all been cut and now are under the door step and also have wood marine ply and redwood on them, and I have used mastic CT1 to make sure they are all sealed in and weatherproof.

I dont want to remove these tiles. I have removed all the centre full tiles now, some still have adhesive stuck to them , but not much.
I have removed the adhesive from the step so back to the concrete

Norcross have inspected and said the adhesive did not fix to the tile, and that i needed to have buttered the back of the tile. Toppstile also seem to think i did it correctly.

I used a 10mm comb trowel with norcross adhesive, and did also SBR

They have provided a new bag of S1 Standard Porcelain Adhesive , to relay the tiles and said i seem to have done everythign correct, NO Damp detected by there meter , which is meant to go down 30 inches.

SO to the question
What can i use to stabilise the cut tiles around the edge , it has been suggested I use a resin, Thixotropic Injection and Laminating Resin - structural adhesive , which with cleaner, syringes comes to about £65

Just wondered if anyone had some suggestions as to what i could just squirt underneath before i retail the centre again.

Reply to Tiles hollow how to fix resin / Grout ?? in the DIY Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
po-tay-toes
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks