Search the forum,

Discuss Tile cutting problem in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

N

NZ_Tiler

Are you using the breaker or jackie channing them?

On stubborn tiles I find that slapping them with your hand works better.
Try adjusting your sigma rail depth so it's scribbing with firm pressure but not causing the tile to ping and snap prematurely. Personally would only scribe once.

U

Unused Account 1

Bit time consuming but id get a new blade on your wet cutter ,my nd200 just packed up but had it ten year ,usedthe best blades cuts anything with ease

Andy Allen

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Are you using the breaker or jackie channing them?

On stubborn tiles I find that slapping them with your hand works better.
Try adjusting your sigma rail depth so it's scribbing with firm pressure but not causing the tile to ping and snap prematurely. Personally would only scribe once.
I've tried the gentle approach, scribe 50 times approach, jump up and down on it approach.........come to the conclusion there crap tiles..

Andy Allen

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Can anyone shed any light on why some tiles behave this way.....
Are they bad batches or is something else going on..

L

LM

Try this, when you've scored them at both ends of the tile, score a 45degree off the cut line also then break or snip that piece off, then when you go to snap off at your intended breaking line the tile will break where you want it to because the main body of the tile is on the stronger side of the score line. It works for me every time.

Reply to Tile cutting problem in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen