Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss Tile Colour Match - Acceptable? in the Tiling Advice | Tile Forum area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

AOIS

TF
Reaction score
Please checkout the following advertisement.
I am looking for some advice and opinions if the replacement tiles on the lower rows of the shower cubicle are an acceptable colour match to the originals?

The shower tray had to be replaced due to damage caused by the tile contractor. This is the second time over the last two years they have been replaced but this time the tiles look a different shade completely.

I fully appreciate they will be a different batch and not 100% but is this close enough?

The box of the tiles has “shade s” written on the back, does this mean anything significant?

Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• 3636C1E4-1C69-4DD5-858E-4FEA760D6D85.jpeg
    3636C1E4-1C69-4DD5-858E-4FEA760D6D85.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 20
  • 8A789D8C-6E3D-4F0F-A162-981533D7264D.jpeg
    8A789D8C-6E3D-4F0F-A162-981533D7264D.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 21
  • B7AC1218-4A4A-44C5-A59D-146A5C964061.jpeg
    B7AC1218-4A4A-44C5-A59D-146A5C964061.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 19
  • 9D70AC70-37D8-4B8B-A70A-A2987B1955A3.jpeg
    9D70AC70-37D8-4B8B-A70A-A2987B1955A3.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 20

Tony_C

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
It's quite hard to tell just now as my eyes are more drawn to them more as they are ungrouted. I think it will be better to judge it once its grouted and look more at the whole wall and see if they are a different shade rather than just showing a direct image of that area . Like you say they will be a different batch, from image 1 they do look slightly different but they don't seem a million miles off so far but its the best you are going to get.

Last edited:
T

Tile Shop

A combination of the calibre and shade makes up the batch number. After every production run, a new shade code is given because of the inevitable tone differences between previous production runs, so it is unlikely to match your original batch number. As it looks in the images, pretty good for 2 years. Certainly seen a lot worse.

But why does the tile need replacing... again?

OP
A

AOIS

TF
Reaction score
Thanks for the posts gents, this is certainly a very helpful forum. Will reply in detail tomorrow.

OP
A

AOIS

TF
Reaction score
A combination of the calibre and shade makes up the batch number. After every production run, a new shade code is given because of the inevitable tone differences between previous production runs, so it is unlikely to match your original batch number. As it looks in the images, pretty good for 2 years. Certainly seen a lot worse.

But why does the tile need replacing... again?

The tile contractor damaged the shower tray replacing some tiles back in 2017 and only now has my house builder got around to addressing the issue. The tile was terrible initially and it’s far from perfect now but not entirely happy with the colour match of the new tiles especially given that if this work had been completed earlier the batch of tiles may of been similar to the originals.

Reply to Tile Colour Match - Acceptable? in the Tiling Advice | Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmcdon47
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock